Federal Itinerant Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering who uses these frequencies? I'm monitoring traffic on 409.05 123.0 tone. Sounds like a construction crew to me. Are these fed contractors?

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I'd almost be willing to bet it's someone with some CCRs.

nd5y

It could be a government agency, a contractor with government issued (or authorized programing) radios, or bootleggers that happened to pull a federal frequency out of their a$$.

What is the location where this frequency was heard?

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
It could be a government agency, a contractor with government issued (or authorized programing) radios, or bootleggers that happened to pull a federal frequency out of their a$$.

What is the location where this frequency was heard?
Just south of Atlanta..lots of traffic about staying off the asphalt, coming down to the trailer etc..

bharvey2

I'd almost be willing to bet it's someone with some CCRs.

I agree completely. Every once in a while while I'm driving around, I pick up voice traffic on the same 2M ham frequency. It's always construction/jobsite related.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Any federal installations nearby?

yes there are actually a few small federal facilities in my town, so maybe it could be them getting some work done...good point.

ecps92

Are you near a VA Hospital facility ? That has been known in the past for some VA Maint Ops
I initially would have thought CCR but to use 123.0 for a tone vs 67.0? All options are out there...

Just wondering who uses these frequencies? I'm monitoring traffic on 409.05 123.0 tone. Sounds like a construction crew to me. Are these fed contractors?

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Are you near a VA Hospital facility ? That has been known in the past for some VA Maint Ops
I initially would have thought CCR but to use 123.0 for a tone vs 67.0? All options are out there...

There is one maybe 10 miles away, but I wouldn't think they would come in that clear on portables unless on a repeater.

ecps92

Very likely a Repeater [if a VA], my experience has shown [YMMV] very rare to find a VA using simplex only
There is one maybe 10 miles away, but I wouldn't think they would come in that clear on portables unless on a repeater.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Very likely a Repeater [if a VA], my experience has shown [YMMV] very rare to find a VA using simplex only

Very interesting-I'll keep listening and see if I can find out anything. Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.