Federal Radio IDs

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looking over the RR Wiki with the Federal Radio IDs, and noticed that it is really slim. A number of states are missing, some info may be out of date, and doesn't appear to have been added to since last September.

This could be an awesome reference for those interested in identifying federal frequencies/radios, but it only works if we all continue to update this resource. Please take a few minutes to contribute to the wiki, if you aren't sure how to, then reach out to someone on here and I'm sure they will be willing to help, or just add to this thread and someone will see it needs to be added.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Federal P-25 Radio Identifications
http://mt-fedfiles.blogspot.com/p/federal-p-25-radio-identifications.html

San Francisco Fedcom P25 Repeaters Logs & RadioIDs.
https://www.scandiego.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2024

Arizona Fedcom P25 Repeaters Logs & RadioIDs - SCOTTSDALE Arizona
https://www.scandiego.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2023

Arizona Fedcom P25 Repeaters Logs & RadioIDs - GILA BEND Arizona
https://www.scandiego.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2022

San Diego Fedcom Radio IDs loggings
http://www.interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8922
http://www.interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9112

Texas Fedcom Radio IDs loggings
http://www.interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9344

Cleveland Federal Radio IDs
http://www.interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9461

Las Vegas Federal Radio IDs
http://www.interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8957

Last edited:

ai8o

Brachiating Tetrapod
Looking over the RR Wiki with the Federal Radio IDs, and noticed that it is really slim. A number of states are missing, some info may be out of date, and doesn't appear to have been added to since last September.

This could be an awesome reference for those interested in identifying federal frequencies/radios, but it only works if we all continue to update this resource. Please take a few minutes to contribute to the wiki, if you aren't sure how to, then reach out to someone on here and I'm sure they will be willing to help, or just add to this thread and someone will see it needs to be added.

Part of the problem here is that federal agencies tend to be just another, not very active, encrypted, Talk Group in a much larger system like VIPER or ALMR.

And a further complication is that when they work with a local agency, they will use that local agencies' TG, not their dedicated Federal TG, and they just blend in with that local agencies activity.

Also, Federal agencies as a group, each agency tends to have their own different, dedicated TG; which makes the amount of traffic on each TG even less noticeable .

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Part of the problem here is that federal agencies tend to be just another, not very active, encrypted, Talk Group in a much larger system like VIPER or ALMR.

And a further complication is that when they work with a local agency, they will use that local agencies' TG, not their dedicated Federal TG, and they just blend in with that local agencies activity.

Also, Federal agencies as a group, each agency tends to have their own different, dedicated TG; which makes the amount of traffic on each TG even less noticeable .

Thanks for the input, in this case I was speaking of just the RIDs in use on the Federal agencies own frequencies, not as part of a state system. I'm well aware of the extensive use of NC VIPER TGs by feds, fortunately 70-80% of the traffic is in the clear, and from my listening experience usually when a local jurisdiction works with the feds (DEA and USMS in particular) the locals are using the fed TGs.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I was heavy into logging fed rid's, the freqs they were heard on and the nac's. My DSDPlus radio file has a bunch of stuff but its mostly from 2016 to 2019. ( I would log all the agencies that participated in the monthly roll call on the fio channel and grabbed a bunch of rid's that way ) I am working on getting another dongle set up for vhf scanning and would think that if any of the already logged rid's are still alive, the dates should update. Most did use tg 1 across many different freqs. As far as sitting in front of pc and logging like I did a few years ago, that will take a little time as my at the pc / sdr time not what it was.

But @N1GAW I think its a great idea.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I was heavy into logging fed rid's, the freqs they were heard on and the nac's. My DSDPlus radio file has a bunch of stuff but its mostly from 2016 to 2019. ( I would log all the agencies that participated in the monthly roll call on the fio channel and grabbed a bunch of rid's that way ) I am working on getting another dongle set up for vhf scanning and would think that if any of the already logged rid's are still alive, the dates should update. Most did use tg 1 across many different freqs. As far as sitting in front of pc and logging like I did a few years ago, that will take a little time as my at the pc / sdr time not what it was.

That be great, the RR wiki doesn't have a lot for NY. As a reminder, we aren't looking for individual RIDs, but ranges in which they operate.
Thanks!

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Astoria, Oregon
163.0500 NAC:293 TG:1 RID:8541005 - USCG NET 112 ?
412.9750 NAC:293 TG:1 RID:5814343 - USCG NET 409
413.0250 NAC:293 - USCG NET 411

west-pac

165.425Mhz TG:1 NAC:293 RIDs: 50738, 50739, and 102.

Likely VA PD at Marion, IN VA Hosp.

ecps92

I had that freq (per the NTIA FOIA Request) as Fort Wayne, but it could be Marion as well, altho the NTIA says Marion is for Paging on that freq

165.425Mhz TG:1 NAC:293 RIDs: 50738, 50739, and 102.

Likely VA PD at Marion, IN VA Hosp.

Last edited:

west-pac

I had that freq (per the NTIA FOIA Request) as Fort Wayne, but it could be Marion as well, altho the NTIA says Marion is for Paging on that freq

I wouldn't receive Fort Wayne at my location unless it's retransmitted at Marion.

The Marion paging freq, if memory serves me correct, is 167.8625.

west-pac

Here's another Marion VA Hosp freq: 166.0125 $293 TG:1 RIDs: 7017, 7117, 7119. These were Maintenence people talking about getting the water turned back on, and checking the water level in the water tower. The Marion VA Hosp campus does have its own water tower.

ecps92

if your close enough, see if you can SNAG/Confirm the input
rumored [NTIA] to be 163.0875
Here's another Marion VA Hosp freq: 166.0125 $293 TG:1 RIDs: 7017, 7117, 7119. These were Maintenence people talking about getting the water turned back on, and checking the water level in the water tower. The Marion VA Hosp campus does have its own water tower.

west-pac

Interesting as 167.8625 was reported to be P25 not Paging back in Oct 2020
It may be mixed mode. I heard an analog page on it yesterday evening. There is also brief digital noise routinely, albeit there isn't any digital traffic. Digital noise...as in something similar to a squelch tail and a beep.

if your close enough, see if you can SNAG/Confirm the input
rumored [NTIA] to be 163.0875

I have a scanner that searches that freq range 24/7; that freq does not look familiar, but I will put that in another scanner.

The 166.0125 in Marion, IN may be linked to something or somewhere else. I noticed yesterday that at least 2 different people used the RID 7017, while talking to each other. The 71xx RIDs were individual users. All 4 people were talking to each other. I wondering if it was 2 maintenence techs in Fort Wayne, and 2 maintenence techs in Marion, working together on the water issue in Marion.

ecps92

Prior to seeing the recent [last fall] NTIA list and your post, it was always thought this freq was in Fort Wayne

It may be mixed mode. I heard an analog page on it yesterday evening. There is also brief digital noise routinely, albeit there isn't any digital traffic. Digital noise...as in something similar to a squelch tail and a beep.

I have a scanner that searches that freq range 24/7; that freq does not look familiar, but I will put that in another scanner.

The 166.0125 in Marion, IN may be linked to something or somewhere else. I noticed yesterday that at least 2 different people used the RID 7017, while talking to each other. The 71xx RIDs were individual users. All 4 people were talking to each other. I wondering if it was 2 maintenence techs in Fort Wayne, and 2 maintenence techs in Marion, working together on the water issue in Marion.

west-pac

Prior to seeing the recent [last fall] NTIA list and your post, it was always thought this freq was in Fort Wayne

I'll put these VA freqs in my mobile scanner, then hopefully one of the times when I'm in Fort Wayne it'll make some noise, then I will be able to confirm or deny it's the same traffic.

west-pac

Here is an FBI freq I received:
167.4375 $167 TG: 1 P25E RID: 3209XXX.
I looked through the FBI data for Indiana, and this could be a Claypool, IN repeater; or Nashville repeater (unsure if that's Nashville, TN, or Nashville, IN). I looked through one RID database, but didn't see 3209xxx listed. I'm curious which office that would be.

ecps92

320xxxx is the Indianapolis Field Office
Covering the counties of Boone, Clinton, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Howard, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, Shelby, and Tipton

As to where this repeater is, I would suggest more listening and see if they slip up on the channnel name/location
or you can match cross-streets from a Surv.

Hint/Note - don't expect a lot of Federal to actually be in the RRDB
Here is an FBI freq I received:
167.4375 $167 TG: 1 P25E RID: 3209XXX.
I looked through the FBI data for Indiana, and this could be a Claypool, IN repeater; or Nashville repeater (unsure if that's Nashville, TN, or Nashville, IN). I looked through one RID database, but didn't see 3209xxx listed. I'm curious which office that would be.