Federal System - NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ion_op

Hi,

I work in NYC and started entering the various NYC trunk systems and the Fed system was one. I don't hear any control channel. Is this system up or not near me?

Tnx,

Mike

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Federal System-NYC

You're not picking up a New York City based federal trunked system from Somerset County? Which agency is it? And are you monitoring any other New York City based trunked systems okay? What type of set-up do you have?

FLRAILMAN

ion_op

I'm monitoring from work in downtown NYC.

Other systems like DOITT, PANYNJ WTC METRO-21, NYCTA received ok.

maalox

i have not heard anything on there in quite some time on that system.

Last edited:

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Federal system-NYC

I'm sure in very short order someone in the NYC metro area will fill you in on what the story is with that system. Take care.

FLRAILMAN

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
for some reason this has been in fail-safe mode since august?!! a steady signal on 413.7000. thought it might be for a system upgrade but not so I guess.

ecps92

Tommy, a steady signal with periodic [low audio] beeps? or just a dead carrier??

for some reason this has been in fail-safe mode since august?!! a steady signal on 413.7000. thought it might be for a system upgrade but not so I guess.

CqDx

Well in case you miss the b-o-r-i-n-g postal police traffic that used to be on the trunked system, they moved to 416.225 analog.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
If your are near the Fed Courts, you can tune in to the trunk system used at the MCC. The freqs and set-up is in the data base. Oh, did I mention that you need a P25 reciever? Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.