federal trunked in new york areas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to see if I could get various trunked fed systems to work with no luck!! Any info posted hasnt yielded any results. I have also tried seraching the known band areas waiting to get a hit on a control channel-but not yet after 2 years of trying!! Any one have success on this or are they under the radar??

ecps92

Depends, where are you located and have you searched 406-420 Mhz

I have been trying to see if I could get various trunked fed systems to work with no luck!! Any info posted hasnt yielded any results. I have also tried seraching the known band areas waiting to get a hit on a control channel-but not yet after 2 years of trying!! Any one have success on this or are they under the radar??

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
I am in seaford new york in the south shore of long island. And yes, I have done that search and 163-173 in vhf with no luck. I get the conventional p25 stuff but no trunked systems.

ecps92

You probably won't find them in the 162-174 band, my suggestion was the 406-420 as there are plenty
even many on Naval Ships going into Harbor Not knowing the Topography and what type of antenna you are using..its hard to tell, but they are out there.

Here is one Example
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=422

Once again try 406-420 Mhz

I am in seaford new york in the south shore of long island. And yes, I have done that search and 163-173 in vhf with no luck. I get the conventional p25 stuff but no trunked systems.

CqDx

There are three UHF trunked system in the fed band. One being the Sys 3517 that jeffkett mentioned, the other two are MDC Brooklyn in 406 range and MCC New York in 407 range. Both are low powered so unless you are withing 5 mile radius or you got a really good antenna, chances are you won't be hearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.