Federal Way Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwinchell

I'm trying to setup signal trunking for my local police dept and fire dept. I live in Federal Way, Washington. I have purchased the book "Northwest Frequency Directory". The only information in the book is the TG 29136. I also believe I need the independent frequencies behind the TG?? Correct?? Does anyone have the independent frequencies used by the Federal Way police and fire departments? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highpockets

billwinchell said:
I'm trying to setup signal trunking for my local police dept and fire dept. I live in Federal Way, Washington. I have purchased the book "Northwest Frequency Directory". The only information in the book is the TG 29136. I also believe I need the independent frequencies behind the TG?? Correct?? Does anyone have the independent frequencies used by the Federal Way police and fire departments? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See if the info your looking for is here:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=604

AtomicTaco

All of Federal Way public safety has moved to the King County Trunked Radio System. You can read more about it on p187 of NWFD.

A few years ago the Federal Way Fire Department merged with Des Moines FD to form South King Fire & Rescue. South King is dispatched via Valley Communications. On the database here it's listed under King County Fire, in the NW Frequency Directory, it's listed under ValleyCom SE King County Fire (p215). Fire 1 is the dispatch channel; Fire 2 is for Aid/Medic responses, Fire 3 for fire responses, and Fire 4 is used when Fire 2 gets busy. You might see 30992 and 31024 (FWF) in the database here, but those are rarely used. Same goes for 32880 and 32912 (FWPubSafT). 35120, FWPS Security, is used, though there isn't a whole lot that goes on there. 29136, 29168, 29200 are the three TGs used by FWPD.

851.8125 is the control channel you'll want to use. If you have any difficulty programming your scanner just let us know and we'll try to help you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.