Feed Alert/Status Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
As a feed provider I love having the feed alerts available to let people know of an active incident in my area.

I do have a request about this implementation of how we, as feed providers, go about in posting that information, or as I just did, accidentally post an alert.

It would be nice if this was in its own popup link either on the Feed Page or on the Feed Management Page (or both). The reason for the suggestion is earlier this evening I went to put an update within my Feed Management, Feed Details Sections.

I neglected to remove text that remained from an incident alert I posted yesterday. I didn't realize this until several minutes after made the change,and thus updating the Alert as well. I could imagine the confusion to listeners I may have had that didn't hear an active incident.

The same could probably be done for the Status message as well.

--PB

richtidd

Database Admin
As a feed provider I love having the feed alerts available to let people know of an active incident in my area.

I do have a request about this implementation of how we, as feed providers, go about in posting that information, or as I just did, accidentally post an alert.

It would be nice if this was in its own popup link either on the Feed Page or on the Feed Management Page (or both). The reason for the suggestion is earlier this evening I went to put an update within my Feed Management, Feed Details Sections.

I neglected to remove text that remained from an incident alert I posted yesterday. I didn't realize this until several minutes after made the change,and thus updating the Alert as well. I could imagine the confusion to listeners I may have had that didn't hear an active incident.

The same could probably be done for the Status message as well.

--PB

What you have to remember it to remove an alert message after it is no longer needed. If not, the message will come up again after a change is made. Currently we do not have an auto remove feature or other are you suggest.

The status message is different as this does not get posted for all to see in the same way as the alert message. This just shows with the feed.

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
No big deal really. I was wanting to throw that out there for possible inclusion in future updates. I do normally remember to clear them out. It would make for a nice improvement for feed management.

Status
Not open for further replies.