Feed archives delayed at midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I guess it probably has something to do with the time zones, but the archives are always delayed by about an hour or so at midnight. In other words, a feed in the Eastern time zone will "hang" on the last 15 minute segment completed prior to midnight local time, and won't show the next day until after 0100 Eastern time. It's almost as if it has to delay an hour because the servers are in the Central time zone, and they don't advance to the next day until an hour after Eastern time? I know I'm not explaining this very well, so here is a screenshot to illustrate. It was taken at 0110 Eastern time on the 22nd. Note that it hasn't advanced to the 23rd yet, and is over a full hour behind.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just checked a Chicago feed and it's already showing the 23rd, and yet none of the Eastern feeds have rolled over to the 23rd yet. How odd, that's definitely a bug that needs fixin!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It is because the overall system day hasn't happened yet when you made the query. I'll look into a potential fix.

Damn, I've never seen anyone that can kind find such tiny "nitpicky" little items with our audio system :) I mean really, do you spend all day on RR identifying anomalies? :) :) :)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
These things tend to jump right out at me, having spent many years in the IT field coupled with my background in public safety. Old habits die hard, and I've always been the guy to think outside the box, or see how something can be improved for the greater good, no matter how small or "nitpicky" it seems. I like to think the stuff like this I point out is constructive, rather than being critical. Not that I'm arrogant enough to think all my ideas are bright ones, but you strike me as the type of guy who appreciates user feedback, especially when it's detailed and specific. I understand you can't implement every little suggestion I make, but I'd much rather run these things by you than keep my mouth shut and never know if I brought something to your attention that wasn't previously seen or thought about. :)

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm just messing with you... these good items that help us perfect the system.

I've issued a small fix which I believe should fix this issue, although I don't have any way to really test it right now. Let me know if it resolves the issue...

Thanks,

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Yeah it's cool, I didn't mean for that post to sound defensive in any way. Besides, you're the one to blame here for creating this RR Empire chock full of good stuff that can be more addicting than any food or drug of choice at times!!!

I'll make sure to take a look tonight as the witching hour approaches, and will report back.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
If you only had any idea how complex this stuff is on the back end (and what it costs!) you would be amazed. Sometimes I feel like this whole thing is running on a shoe string and is about to collapse on itself :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sometimes I feel like this whole thing is running on a shoe string and is about to collapse on itself :)

On the audio side, there is probably a grain of truth to that rofl. That's such a huge undertaking, and along with the migrating from SA to RR, the changing of the infrastructure, the adding of new features, and the addition of copious numbers of feeds since that time, I have to guess that the audio side is in a perpetual state of updating / debugging / etc. No flaw on your part, simply how it has to be.

You guys do a great job with this given what [I would guess] would appear to be insurmountable obstacles from time to time.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just checked at 0030 Eastern time, and I see archives for the 24th already...I think you got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.