Feed audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanNEIN

I just started my feed back up after having a few months of computer issues. It is running the IN SAFE-T System, all digital. When not on the feed, my scanner audio is fine, clear, not digital. Through the feed the audio sounds horrible, missing traffic, choppy, goes digital. My computer is wireless on the internet using ScannerCast. Are there settings to check/change or something I need to change? When my feed was up before (for several years) it never sounded this bad. Using the same setup other than new computer and wireless instead of wired.

fredva

Feed Provider
Based on your description, it sounds like wifi might be the culprit. Is there any way you can connect the PC to the router with ethernet? If the router is in another room, can you move it temporarily to make a wired connection just to determine if it makes a difference? You might also see if you can change the wifi channel to see if that helps.

ScanNEIN

Based on your description, it sounds like wifi might be the culprit. Is there any way you can connect the PC to the router with ethernet? If the router is in another room, can you move it temporarily to make a wired connection just to determine if it makes a difference? You might also see if you can change the wifi channel to see if that helps.
I should be able to do that tomorrow. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.