Feed for major incidents

Ret_Batt_Chief

Premium Subscriber
I currently host a feed (Sonoma County Fire-EMS and Sheriff Dispatch-feed# 40337) that is up 24/7. I would like to add a feed for the same and one adjoining county that is just for large current events that would just have channels associated with the event. These could be Fire or Law events. Is it possible to have a feed that is only up during such events. This would be with a separate scanner and computer. Obviously the channels, frequencies, TG etc.. would change depending on the event.

fredva

Feed Provider
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. There are California major events feeds that are in a Not Active status until there is a major event they would cover. Regarding law enforcement, an events feed would still have to adhere to the Broadcastify Terms of Service, which limits what law enforcement channels can be streamed.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I currently host a feed (Sonoma County Fire-EMS and Sheriff Dispatch-feed# 40337) that is up 24/7. I would like to add a feed for the same and one adjoining county that is just for large current events that would just have channels associated with the event. These could be Fire or Law events. Is it possible to have a feed that is only up during such events. This would be with a separate scanner and computer. Obviously the channels, frequencies, TG etc.. would change depending on the event.
From a tech side, completely something you could do. You would not need a separate computer at all, just another scanner. Use the same computer with just a 2nd sound card, and depending on the software you use to feed just make a 2nd instance of it.

For example if you use Radio Feed, install 1 copy in c:\RadioFeed and another in say c:\RadioFeed-Events
Each would be independent of the other.

From a broadcasting side, I'm sure they could flag your feed not to auto-delete if it isn't used for x days/weeks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
When applying for the feed, be sure to choose Special Event for the Type of Feed, which will put it in a separate category for feeds that are not normally active. This will ensure that it doesn't get deleted during long periods of inactivity. Just be aware that you must comply with all of the normal Broadcastify terms of service regarding what you will be broadcasting, i.e. no law enforcement tactical channels.