Feed for Northwest Dallas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPool360

Hi, I am new to radioreference and I am sure this isnt the correct area to post this. I apologize in advance and dont mean to hijack this thread. However, I am unable to send any private messages from my account for some reason. I live in NorthWest Dallas Ch.5 and the feed for my area has been down for some time. I use the scanner radio app on iphone. I would love to listen to my area but there are no live feeds up. Would you be able to create a stream for this channel or add it to your current feed for “Dallas Police 1 Central - 2 North East”?? If not, do you know any broadcasters that could stream this channel live?

Last edited by a moderator:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You are correct, it wasn't the correct place to post. Your post would have been more appropriate for the Texas Discussion Forum, so that's where I moved it to.

You can't post private messages because you are a new user. Once you get a few posts under your belt, that feature will be made available to you.

Maybe the folks here in the Texas forum can answer your question about the feeds for the area.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Pretty lucky, even a $20 pawn shop special would work.
Yes, it would for now.

However, 'the price of poker will be going up' in another year or two when Dallas & Dallas County transition to their P25 Phase II system, which is in development & construction. Hearing a lot of radio checks on the existing P25 system, as techs verify coverage at multiple locations and within buildings.

Yes, it would for now.

However, 'the price of poker will be going up' in another year or two when Dallas & Dallas County transition to their P25 Phase II system, which is in development & construction. Hearing a lot of radio checks on the existing P25 system, as techs verify coverage at multiple locations and within buildings.

No reason to discourage someone. The fact is, with even the simplest of scanners he would still be able to listen to the one channel he needs for probably a full two years. The odds of dpd getting things set up and running less than that are low despite what testing they may be doing currently.

Heck, one of the little baofung 888s would work fine if it were set up properly to not transmit. That's what I've used to listen to DPD and DFD whenever I head into the dirty City.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
No reason to discourage someone. The fact is, with even the simplest of scanners he would still be able to listen to the one channel he needs for probably a full two years. The odds of dpd getting things set up and running less than that are low despite what testing they may be doing currently.

Heck, one of the little baofung 888s would work fine if it were set up properly to not transmit. That's what I've used to listen to DPD and DFD whenever I head into the dirty City.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone. Just trying to make sure that the OP knows that while a much cheaper scanner will work for now, yes possibly as long as two years, that a system type change is in progress, and the usability of an inexpensive unit will diminish once the transition is made. We've all seen the posts where someone bought a 'new' scanner, whether new in the box, or simply 'new' to them, to monitor a certain area or system. Then they post after a system upgrade is completed a year or more later, that they are frustrated that their purchase will no longer work.

Status
Not open for further replies.