Feed issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5JMC

Anyone else having issues with their feed going offline today. Mine has gone offline and reconnected about 15 mins later twice today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N5JMC

Its up now. Been up most of day. Went down for 15 mins earlier today and again for 15 mins this evening. Hasn't anymore so if it does I'll dig deeper.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Count me as one with issues. I'm running mine on Nicecast on audio9 on my Mac. Based on my email notifications it started going down around 21 hours ago. I've been getting feed down/back online emails about 2-4 an hour ever since. It says it's on the air but only connects for about a second randomly every once in a while then goes right to a message saying error: connection closed retry in XX seconds.

I've rebooted and disconnected everything, checked for updates, checked settings. Nothing has helped. Still not connecting. And now I can't access the audio archives either.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I'm still getting almost hourly feed down/feed back up emails but my feed hasn't been online since 06:29 yesterday morning. It's still giving the same thing on Nicecast as it was giving yesterday. I've gone over everything again today and still not working.

This is getting frustrating. Is there any other way to broadcast with the Mac other than Nicecast? I'd like to get my feed back up and working but at this point I have no idea. I'm stumped.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
I'm still getting almost hourly feed down/feed back up emails but my feed hasn't been online since 06:29 yesterday morning. It's still giving the same thing on Nicecast as it was giving yesterday. I've gone over everything again today and still not working.

The problem may not be Nicecast. Use PingPlotter to run a traceroute to audio9.broadcastify.com over several hours on your feed computer. PingPlotter has a version for the Mac:

https://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

PingPlotter will help you identify where along the route the packets are being dropped. A little over a year ago, I used it to narrow down where my packets were being dropped. Working with my ISP, it turned out to be a connector on the pole ... they replaced it, and the problems went away.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I don't know how or why but it seems almost exactly 48 hours after (48 hours and 2 minutes to be exact) it started giving that connection error it started working again this morning. I didn't do anything at the time so I have no idea why it's back but it seems OK again now. I don't know why it's decided to work again but I'm happy it did.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
Feed down then up then down then up

I too am having feed issues that started about 30 to 45 minutes ago and as of just now at 3:44 pm central..online / offline / online / offline

EDIT: I am just going to shut down my network and do some maintenance on my computers anyways,been needing to dust and clean the work station so this is a good excuse, hopefully when I fire everything back up the issue will be resolved!

Last edited:

N5JMC

I power cycled my modem, router and raspberry pi and no issues since. My router did have an update that I applied as well.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
I power cycled my modem, router and raspberry pi and no issues since. My router did have an update that I applied as well.

Yea, when I was done cleaning an hour later and turned everything back on everything was fine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.