Feed keeps dropping out

Status
Not open for further replies.

tulsascan

Feed Provider
Feed keeps dropping out and restarting several times an hour. No idea how to fix.

tulsascan

Feed Provider

I fixed mine by going through and doing a reset starting with turning off everything scanner, computer, router anything between scanner and internet coming in the house. then start with router and each one let completely get started before starting the next. not sure why it fixed it but works now, hope works for you.

prolistener

I use Radio Feed and in the logs it says “Broadcastify- time out” then restarts the connection. It does this day and night. I tried restarting everything like
I fixed mine by going through and doing a reset starting with turning off everything scanner, computer, router anything between scanner and internet coming in the house. then start with router and each one let completely get started before starting the next. not sure why it fixed it but works now, hope works for you.
but nothing has worked. I started with the RR branded software but that kept going offline constantly so I switched to Radio Feed because it doesn’t happen as often.

Is it normal for this to happen and restart the feed within a minute of being timed out? Any help would be appreciated. It must be extremely annoying to the feed listeners to have the feed restart almost every few hours.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
prolistener, have you tried performing a traceroute to see if you can find where the problem is? There are many potential points of failure along the route between your computer and the Broadcastify servers. If I may, I'd like to suggest that you download PingPlotter and run it for several hours to see if you can find where the problem lies. A few years ago, I was having problems with multiple disconnects and reconnects every day; I ran PingPlotter and showed the results to a technician with my ISP, and they narrowed the problem down to a bad connector out on the pole (it had water in it, causing random disconnects).

PingPlotter Free | PingPlotter

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I've been having the same issues recently. I've had feeds for years and never ran into this problem until this week. Seems kinda fishy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.