Feed Listener Number Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

usswood

mine wasnt working correctly yesterday and it is still broke today...showing 6 online..but in-fact there are 9 connected to my feed

Scandxer

When will this be fixed or is there something I can do to fix it myself?

Maybe there is another more recent thread on whats going on I can be directed to because my listener number is still inaccurate.

Says I have 9 listeners when in fact I have more..

4 Windows Media Player
3 Internet Explorer
2 Java0
2 Winamp
2 Firefox
2 Safari

It's been showing almost half less then actual for the last few days.

Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:

Scandxer

Now it says I only have 10 ..

# User Agent
4 Windows Media Player
3 Safari
2 Winamp
2 Firefox
2 Internet Explorer
2 BlackBerry (BBScanner)
2 VLC
1 cyaX

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The user agent fields and online listener counts are not in sync - that is by design. the user agent fields show listeners agents in real time, while the listener counts that are show across the rest of the site are updated every 2-3 minutes or so.

Listeners come and go constantly, so there is bound to be a difference between a real time sample and a batch sample.

And the reason why this is setup this way is it is easy for us to query the real time listeners for a single feed (when you open your feed management page) - but doing a real time query for 2000+ feeds is not feasible, so we update listener counts in batches.

Net-net -> don't worry about it :)

Scandxer

I understand there is a delay .. But I'm telling you something is wrong with my user count it is not adding up properly like it did a few days ago.. Even after 3 mins+ of having the same users or more it will stay stuck on 16 then maybe go up one but it is not accurate..

I've had 20 plus users for the last 10 mins and my count still isn't correct.

Something is wrong.

Thanks

usswood

I would say a group is not being counted now...shows 14 online but stats show this:
# User Agent
9 Internet Explorer
7 Firefox
2 CORE/6.506.4.1 OpenCORE/2.02 (Linux;Android 2.1-update1)
1 Android (Police Stream)
1 Winamp

is it not seeing the Firefox OP systems??

edit: ok...10 mins later and it seems to be working correctly now ; )

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, please understand the dynamics of the mobile market (all those iPhone / Android applications). By our estimation, there have been well over a million downloads of these applications over the past 7 months or so.

Some things to keep in mind. First, many of the user agents aren't "correct" - some of the mobile clients use programming methods that "look" like Internet Explorer, or Firefox, or Safari etc, so they are reported as such. Second, the applications pass across feeds very very quickly, due to the audience. Most of the mobile market listeners will listen to a feed for only a few seconds and then move on (we watch this behavior happen often.)

I'll look further into each of our relay servers and do some investigation, however you have to understand that on your end you aren't seeing directly what is occurring on a constant basis. On the LAPD and Chicago feeds, we see listeners come and go on those feeds on the order of hundreds a minute.

Scandxer, I watched over 30+ unique listeners come and go on your feed in about 3 minutes.

I'm not say there isn't an anomaly in place, but I can tell you there there are a LOT of variables to this equation and the sheer amount of transient listeners is one of them.

Scandxer

Everything seems to be back to normal on my feed. 14 users agents, 14 listeners.. Thanks..

When someone leaves it goes down and when people join it goes up.. Just like it used to :)

I do know what you're saying about transient listeners though.. But that defiantly wasn't my issue here because I've just started having this problem 3 days ago and I constantly check my feed stats.

After months of running this feed the only time my user agent fields and online listener counts were ever different was that few mins before the 2-3 min sync you are talking about.

Well anyway, Thanks again for the info and for looking at this.

martyjess

number not stuck anymore.

My number of listeners appears to be working fine now.
Am I right?

nunyax

Appears to be stuck again. My feed statistics don't show any hourly listener stats updates since 08:00 CST today and the top 50 streams numbers don't seem to change as well.

martyjess

live feed

My live feed appears to be working correctly, but it say's ( icecast forwarding) ERROR NOT CONNECTED.

redhat

Stats and Listener Counts Wrong

I rebooted my server. The listener count for both services shows 0. This is wrong. Under the service provider tab it shows several listeners for each feed. I also noticed the last stat was about 1300, several hours ago. It looks like it has stopped working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.