Feed Offline Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
For the past 4 days I've been having issues with my feed. Everyday for some unknown reason my feed goes offline. I check the computer and find that ScannerCast is still running and the program states that it is forwarding to the server. I click the stop broadcast button and then start it back up and everything is fine.

I have read past posts about the porblems with broadband internet connections and streaming media. I don't think my internet connection is the problem because this has just started 4 days ago, before then I never had this sort of problem.

Any thoughts, could it be a computer problem or a problem with ScannerCast.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
It could be a number of problems. I'd make sure you are updated to the latest version of ScannerCast. Remember, broadband internet connections can get flaky at times.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
If I would have a momentary glitch with my internet connection should ScannerCast automatically reconnect my feed or do I have to restart Scannercast to get my feed running again?

Maddog1404

I know with my feed Comcast has had bubbles (I call them that) In the broadband that last about 3 seconds. not long enough to DC from web pages but just long enough to disco the feed. After a certain number of these my icecast glitches and I have to restart it. Just my 2 cents worht though

Status
Not open for further replies.