Feed Offline Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
For a while now I have been experiencing problems with my feed going down for no aparrant reason. I was using OddCast until this month and I switched to Scanner Cast in hopes that the problem would be resolved with the newer software.

I still have the problem.

When running OddCast I would get a notification saying my feed was offline. The computer that the reciever is connected to was up and running fine and OddCast was running. Since I switched to Scanner Cast I am having similar problems. I get the message that my feed is offline and when I check Scanner Cast it is running fine and shows to be connected and sending the feed on my end.

Most often I notice the problem around 3 to 5 AM, but it does occur at other times too.

Any help will be appreciated because I am planning on hosting some additional feeds and really want to get this resolved before I do.

Thanks,

Wes

Last edited:

04Z1V6

Wes, do you have a scheduled task like a virus update or anything like that maybe causing this? I had this problem until I got high gain antennas for my wireless router and stopped windows update in the auto mode.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
That will do it, encoders tend to get cranky if there are any high CPU uses going on, I have a backup that runs at 11:50pm to archive all my .wav files for the day and sometimes it kicks my feed offline.

ksduster

Weather enthusiast
Feed Provider
I have to say.. if you look at my feed - Wichita/Sedgwick county law enforcement - for wichita, ks
(the one that says, broadcasting East/North and Sheriff)
My computer locks up.. no joke... total freeze every day almost at 3am... auto updates off..
no virus scan at this time, and windows firewall..
it started occuring when i started my feed, but just realized, that its a "recent" thing.. and havent installed any files or anything new.. (uninstalled virus scan just 2 days ago)

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Actually Windows updates only get downloaded and I manually install them. So whats the reccomendation for AVG? disable the autoscan?

Yes disable the autoscan. You don't need to scan everyday as long as you are running realtime protection.

Mike

fcfd988

Feed Provider
I have disabled Automatic updates for windows and Automatic scanning on my Virus software and i think the problem has gotten worse. My feed is going down EVERY day and sometimes twice a day. Scannercast shows that everything is running fine, but the feed is obviously down. I didnt have this kind of problems out of Oddcast.

Please, Somebody Help!!!

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.