Feed offline since Nov 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkescan

I see a new Wisconsin feed went online November 11th, and was only up for about 1 hour, and hasn't been up since. Also can't find anyway to report it or contact the owner. Just wondering if it's down for good.
I think it would be a popular feed since there has been a lot of crime in that College campus area lately making news. This is the Milwaukee Police District 1 and 6 feed in Milwaukee County.
I am always online and could help the person test it if they are having problems.

mkescan

Thanks! I always wanted to do a Milwaukee PD feed too, but already have 4 feeds running on a 4 year old $279 e machine desktop with 3 sound cards.
I always tell people how super easy it is to put a feed up here, hopefully some will give it a try.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Kind of on topic, it seems like the Report Problem icon disappears anytime a feed is offline. I guess that's by design to prevent a feed owner from getting bombarded with reports if their feed goes offline. I was able to access the problem report directly by punching in the feed ID to the report URL.

Milwaukee Police District 1 and 6 Live Scanner Audio Feed

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
The report a problem link is under the little links on the feeds main page... I would suggest they move that back to the primary page of the feed with the cute icons... Maybe move the icons and feed info to the main page? IMHO :)

mkescan

The report a problem link is under the little links on the feeds main page... I would suggest they move that back to the primary page of the feed with the cute icons... Maybe move the icons and feed info to the main page? IMHO :)

Nope. Like Chauffeur6 mentioned it disappears anytime a feed is offline.
I used the link he provided..

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, as was indicated, we remove that link so a feed provider doesn't get 1000 emails that their feed is down. When a feed goes down, they are alerted after 15 min, 2 hours, 6 hours, and so on.

Please don't reverse engineer our notification process... there is a specific reason why the report a feed problem link is removed.

Also, if the feed isn't online, it isn't online! Feed providers are volunteers and there are a lot of variables involved. Please let the RR Admin process take its course, and if the feed isn't going to come back, we'll remove it automatically over time.

mkescan

Howdy Lindsay, I wasn't complaining or trying to change anything.
I just wanted to contact feed owner to see if they needed any help with a problem or testing.

I agree 100% with your last line

"Also, if the feed isn't online, it isn't online! Feed providers are volunteers and there are a lot of variables involved. Please let the RR Admin process take its course, and if the feed isn't going to come back, we'll remove it automatically over time."

kepps03

Yeah. Radio Reference is already the Hitler of the live feed world. I was having sound card issues and was laid off and it took me three weeks to get the money to fix my sound card. I posted on the feed that it was down and that it would be around three weeks getting it back up. One on the admins nick picked over how the descriptions on the feed were listed and I fixed the description to suit RR, the next hour after that the feed was totally removed. Placed in some mini camp on the world wide web somewhere! So back off!! the feeds are free and people that provide them try! So thanks for being so picky and so ungrateful about you recieving a free feed that someone else has put time a effort into!

Sarcastically yours,

kepps03

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
One on the admins nick picked over how the descriptions on the feed were listed and I fixed the description to suit RR, the next hour after that the feed was totally removed. Placed in some mini camp on the world wide web somewhere! So back off!! the feeds are free and people that provide them try! So thanks for being so picky and so ungrateful about you recieving a free feed that someone else has put time a effort into!

Understand that just because you are a feed provider doesn't mean that we should bow down and give in to every single opinion and approach that a feed provider has regarding our platform. Granted, we sincerely appreciate the time and effort that providers go through to provide their feeds. but guess what? RadioReference is a business and this platform doesn't exist, doesn't function, and doesn't provide enjoyment for thousands of people unless we make money. Period. RadioReference has an obligation to the listeners to provide a good quality of service, and we bear the responsibility for feeds that are up and down, intermittent, or of pour quality. The provider doesn't. We do.

So, if you don't like our rules, our approach, our platform, our technology, or our admins, you are more than welcome to not use our site to broadcast your feed. If we have to choose between no feed at all or a feed that provides poor quality or a provider that doesn't like us, we would choose not having that feed or provider participate.

DELCOLHFC

I'm glad I'm not a victim.........

Yeah. Radio Reference is already the Hitler of the live feed world. I was having sound card issues and was laid off and it took me three weeks to get the money to fix my sound card. I posted on the feed that it was down and that it would be around three weeks getting it back up. One on the admins nick picked over how the descriptions on the feed were listed and I fixed the description to suit RR, the next hour after that the feed was totally removed. Placed in some mini camp on the world wide web somewhere! So back off!! the feeds are free and people that provide them try! So thanks for being so picky and so ungrateful about you recieving a free feed that someone else has put time a effort into!

Sarcastically yours,

kepps03

Interesting post there, did it actually cause you any pain when your feed was removed after three weeks off-line? I read all the rules and guidelines both here and back on scanamerica before the merger and think they are more than fair considering I would not have the first clue as to how to go about putting my own feed online with out the services provided by Lindsay and Gordon. Why would you not just simply re-apply for the feed when you got your new soundcard up and running? I find attitudes like yours very entertaining, keep up the good work!

kepps03

Interesting post there, did it actually cause you any pain when your feed was removed after three weeks off-line? I read all the rules and guidelines both here and back on scanamerica before the merger and think they are more than fair considering I would not have the first clue as to how to go about putting my own feed online with out the services provided by Lindsay and Gordon. Why would you not just simply re-apply for the feed when you got your new soundcard up and running? I find attitudes like yours very entertaining, keep up the good work!

Your welcome. I just think that RR has been just a bit on the nit-picking side as far as how feed providers decide to list their feeds and too impatient when some has PC issues that cause the feed to be down for an extended time frame. Now understand that I listed the reason for the downtime in the feed, and it was still removed. And the outlook from the admin about the problem in his post was just that of greedy corporate America!

But the sarcasm was laid on thick only to get the point across!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Your welcome. I just think that RR has been just a bit on the nit-picking side as far as how feed providers decide to list their feeds and too impatient when some has PC issues that cause the feed to be down for an extended time frame. Now understand that I listed the reason for the downtime in the feed, and it was still removed. And the outlook from the admin about the problem in his post was just that of greedy corporate America!

But the sarcasm was laid on thick only to get the point across!

No your feed was not removed, it was set "Inactive" and is still there and you can continue to broadcast it after its set back to "Active"(That is if you still want to or do you still feel we are greedy corporate America?)

kepps03

No your feed was not removed, it was set "Inactive" and is still there and you can continue to broadcast it after its set back to "Active"(That is if you still want to or do you still feel we are greedy corporate America?)

When I checked the feed it didn't show up at all. I also got and email when it was supposedly only set to "inactive", and it stated that it had been removed. I also can't access it using scannercast.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
When I checked the feed it didn't show up at all. I also got and email when it was supposedly only set to "inactive", and it stated that it had been removed. I also can't access it using scannercast.

When it is set "inactive" you cant access it through scannercast nor will it show up on the map. It is still there though i just checked.

kepps03

When it is set "inactive" you cant access it through scannercast nor will it show up on the map. It is still there though i just checked.

I was just stating the info I had to go on. That makes it a horse of a different color if it was only set on inactive. Like I said the email sent to me said "removed" not "inactive". But non the less you CAN see it so , like I said this is a horse of a different color. Now I find it to be so much less frustrating. Just a suggestion though, maybe those auto emails like I got need to say "inactive" instead of "removed" just to clear it up a bit?!

kepps03

I understand, So would you still like to broadcast?

Yes. I was only upset because the feed status was listed as down for PC repair and email said it was removed. That was the root of my frustration. I just wish this was all explained before and there would have been no concern on my part, because even I can agree that if a feed is down long term it should be set to inactive!

Status
Not open for further replies.