Feed online but giving 404 to listeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
It's being relayed from my server to RR. Everything is up and running on my end, RR is connected to my server and should be getting audio but actually listening on RR (using the web players or external applications) gives a 404.

Are you sending it in mp3 format? I believe RR only accepts mp3. I tried listening with all player types but as you described it will not play. Make sure your stream is being sent in mp3 format. The RR Live Audio application normally uses port 80. You can also use ports 8000, 8080, or 8500. The alternate port numbers are typically used to get around firewall problems.You may also need to use port forwarding on your router to allow your feed through.

Last edited:

scanphreak

same thing was happening to me the other day. it also kept disconnecting and reconnecting to the feed server, and there were no internet issues because i was able to ping and traceroute to audio9 with no issues. I would notice it would say it was online but get 404 in winamp when trying to listen to the feed.

It cleared up since then which was day before yesterday.

jrosw

I don't believe this is a misconfiguration on my end. A few years ago when I first added the feed to RR one of the admins here set up a relay (from my own server as I didn't want to have to give that up) and for 2+ years that worked fine.

Until my ISP (completely separate from my server's provider) dropped my service for the whole month of November, forcing me to switch.

During that time my feed was disabled. When my new ISP restored service on the 2nd of December, I started broadcasting the feed again. Once that happened the relay seems to have been brought back online but it's as if part of the system isn't recognizing that. I've been broadcasting all this time but for the entire time no one can connect through RR although using my server works fine.

So until an admin can take a look I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for looking though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.