Feed Problem Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Does the Feed Problem Reports allow two-way communications between the feed provider and the person reporting? I have yet to receive a report that I have been able to respond to the reporter via PM or email.

Today I received a report from custom1 reporting, "It doesn't work." Feed is up, stats show it has been up and with listeners during the time it was reported. I tried to get additional information and guess what, user PM is blocked and user prefers to not receive email. This has happened EVERYTIME I have received a report. And I tried to find this user in the Member List and nada.

I think if someone reports to a provider a problem, that the PM avenue to contact them should be opened up.

Mike

richtidd

Database Admin
Does the Feed Problem Reports allow two-way communications between the feed provider and the person reporting? I have yet to receive a report that I have been able to respond to the reporter via PM or email.

Today I received a report from custom1 reporting, "It doesn't work." Feed is up, stats show it has been up and with listeners during the time it was reported. I tried to get additional information and guess what, user PM is blocked and user prefers to not receive email. This has happened EVERYTIME I have received a report. And I tried to find this user in the Member List and nada.

I think if someone reports to a provider a problem, that the PM avenue to contact them should be opened up.

Mike

Hi Mike

Only if the other party allows PM or e-mail's to be sent to them.

Each RR member has the ability to choose if they want to or not receive PM's & or e-mails from other RR members.

This may mean that someone can post a feed trouble report & the feed owner may not be able to reply.

Sometimes they include there e-mail address in the report but most times not.

If you are not able to contact the other party, you can contact us via the "Request Assistance With Feed" button in the feed owners page via Manage My Feed. You can let us know via this method if you feed you need our help for anything including feed trouble reports.

Feed owners do this frequently & we can help as we can contact other members via admin access.

A note re Feed trouble reports:

We Live Audio Admins see all trouble reports that feed owners get.

I am the one who usually goes through the reports to verify the reported problems, but the other admins do as well.

If I can verify the reported problem, I usually send the feed owner an e-mail with fix suggestions & an offer to help.

I do this to help feed owners make there feed a success with a good feed.

I did not sent you an e-mail so that means the feed was working or I felt it was not needed.

Today I here your feed with good audio.

Since your feed is working, I would just ignore the report for now.

hoser147

I agree Mike, it would be nice to go right with the reportee and get the info and imput, but in one incident I had a listener kept reporting problems trying to get me to customize my feed for his listening pleasure. After having brief contact with the party, It was handled well by the Admin and Im sure it was nicer than I would have been at that point.

K

kb0nly

I agree this should be a TWO-WAY communication.

Can't it be made a requirement that if they send a problem report that we can at least send ONE PM or EMAIL back to ask questions??

PLEASE??

I hate getting a report and then i can't ask the person who reported it whats going on. Usually if i get a report that i can't reply to and i don't see any problems from my point of view i just delete and say screw it, sorry people but if i can't contact you i can't make corrections or verify they are needed.

However... Let me say this, i had a report a few weeks back, and the guy was nice, told me about some audio issues he was hearing, even reported down to the DAY AND TIME the problems were experienced, THANK YOU.. I listened to the archive files, heard the things he was hearing, determined what the problem was, fixed it, and replied to him. We went back and forth for a couple days, tweaking the audio and making some other adjustments, and now my feeds sound great again after making my audio modifications to the scanners. I want helpful feedback like that, but if i can't reply to ask further questions i might have never resolved it all and it would have went on and on.

Two-Way communication is absolutely needed for troubleshooting if a report comes in. Sure if its just a feed down that i missed no big deal, i will get it up and running again, but it would still be nice to just send the listener that reported it a quick Thank You and Happy Listening!

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Thanks Rich for the reply.

I get very few reports on my feed and I really want to make it better IF there is a problem. To get reports from people who have all communication blocked is not communication. While I understand that people can block PMs and emails, then doing so should block them from making feed reports. There needs to be some mechanism established to allow communicaiton. At the very least a disclaimer to the reporter that if they have communications blocked that their report may very well get ignored and become unresolved.

Mike

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I also agree...there should be a way to contact the person making the trouble report. Rich does a great job of providing us with admin support, but there are times where direct communication would be helpful. There are also the ridiculous trouble reports like "your feed is boring." I actually received one with very similar wording on a feed that has 2-3 steady listeners. Not huge numbers, but they must find it interesting if they are listening.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Thanks...more comical than anything else. Thanks also for your support to feed providers.

luke-1

99% of the problems I receive are about things I have no control over.

"No date on archives", "Feed keeps dropping on my phone" etc.

I don't consider those "audio problems". Like above stated, I can't respond to tell them to tell them I can't fix these for you.

We might need a "help section" for reporting audio feed problems:)

K

kb0nly

I get stuff like that now and then also... Once a month i usually get a report saying my "feed is broken" because its going but you don't hear anything. Well sorry to dissapoint but SW MN is pretty calm and quiet, some days i can literally go two-three hours with no activity on the scanner.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I had a problem with a user who kept complaining that he wasn't hearing the traffic he wanted to hear (my feed has several jurisdictions on it...sometimes it locks on one when you want to hear another). I kept telling him everything was working fine, but he kept complaining.
If there is an admin who views these things, I don't know why I kept getting these reports, but they kept on coming.
I was finally able to contact the person who did the complaining, and sent him a link to a popular retailer who sells scanners and told him that if my feed wasn't meeting his needs, it was time to pony up some cash and buy his own scanner. Haven't heard from him since.

Status
Not open for further replies.