Feed Provider HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapoff

Feed Provider
For some reason my feed keeps saying its offline. The Scannercast program says its still streaming. My internet connection is still working. I just keep losing the feed even though everything else says ok. Sometimes if I press stop broadcast, then start broadcast it will say online for a short while.

This down feed is going to get me removed. I don't know what to do.

mapoff

Feed Provider
com port? I'm just sending audio only. Its like if the program loses the internet connection for just a moment, then new data never gets pushed afterwards. It was streaming perfect for months, and then has just stopped. It will say its running. The only way I'll know it stopped is an email. It makes me want to give up and not deal with it. Is there alternative programs to send the feed?

mikev

There are a number of other audio-only streaming encoders that can be used, though Scannercast makes it the easiest by asking for your RR username and password and automatically retrieving the server info. All others you'll need to manually enter the server info from the Feed details page, and will also need to manually set the audio quality settings (16Kbit/sec, 22KHz, mono (unless you're running a stereo feed), etc.)

See the Alternative Broadcasting Software page in the Wiki for a few links.

One to add to that list is Broadcast Using This Tool (abbreviated butt). It's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

flaw101

Premium Subscriber
I have a similar issue this morning. Comcast went down for a couple of hours but is now back up. I show that I'm streaming to the server, but the site still says offline. Should the server automatically detect the feed and put it back online, or do I need to do something to get it back on line? I won't be able to get to the streaming PC until this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.