Feed Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
This coming week I will be getting a PSR-600 to add to the farm of PRO-95,2051,96,97,163,164 and PSR-500,600 and the new 600 that I am getting this week I have a lot more but older, I use my 97 for my feed now, I picked up three USB sound cards that Lindsay is using for his feed in DC, my question here is can I still use my 97 and the new 600 using stereo feed with the tags option on the 600 and just audio on the 97 the left right thing.

PeterGV

K1PGV
my question here is can I still use my 97 and the new 600 using stereo feed with the tags option on the 600 and just audio on the 97 the left right thing.

Hmmmm... I *think* that works in ScannerCast :)

To be honest, it's not something I've ever tried. The tag synchronization might not be great, but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work.

But, here's my question for you: Why not just break your current stereo feed into 2 feeds... one with tags and one without? If folks want to listen to both at the same time, they still can. So having 2 feeds doesn't really have any negatives, except that you need to run 2 players (though a couple of different multi-stream players are in the works, which will be very cool)... and your feed listeners get to choose which specific feed(s) they want to listen to.

Peter
K1PGV

04Z1V6

Hmmmm... I *think* that works in ScannerCast :)

To be honest, it's not something I've ever tried. The tag synchronization might not be great, but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work.

But, here's my question for you: Why not just break your current stereo feed into 2 feeds... one with tags and one without? If folks want to listen to both at the same time, they still can. So having 2 feeds doesn't really have any negatives, except that you need to run 2 players (though a couple of different multi-stream players are in the works, which will be very cool)... and your feed listeners get to choose which specific feed(s) they want to listen to.

Peter
K1PGV
This will work just fine. My feed is set up with my 2096 on the left no tags and the 106 on the right with tags I do use ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.