Feed Request (Hamilton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlisted

I am not able to, but would like to listen to Hamilton Fire (dispatch and tac channels) online if at all possible.

Would anyone be able to toss a feed up? My current residence is out of radio range for Hamilton.

Thanks.

wyldman

I am having a hard time getting Hamilton from the NW end of Brampton. If I drive 5 minutes south i get them fine.

When it gets warmer out, I was going to try an 800 Mhz yagi aimed towards Hamilton to see if I can get a decent signal. If I can, I can throw up a couple of Hamilton feeds.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
What do you need to establish a feed? I live right next door.
I worry about the legal aspect of it also, some members here are quiet tart in their comments about those who provide feeds.
I have no $ for friviolous things like scanners but if someone wanted to donate a scanner...lol
All I have is a 396 that I use for everyday scanning.

wyldman

What do you need to establish a feed? I live right next door.
I worry about the legal aspect of it also, some members here are quiet tart in their comments about those who provide feeds.
I have no $ for friviolous things like scanners but if someone wanted to donate a scanner...lol
All I have is a 396 that I use for everyday scanning.

Any old PC will work,as long as it can connect to a reliable internet connection. A $20-30 used PC from a cheap computer store will work. It's not that hard to set up.

The important thing is the radio. While scanners do work ,I find most busy city areas are prone to interference and intermod. You may need to work on you antenna setup to try and eliminate it. Motorola gear tends to work much better.

A used MCS2000 or even an old Maxtrac would work. If you can find an old Maxtrac, I'll convert it to type II and program it for you if you want. They also need to be modded to output flat squelch controlled audio on the accessory connector so you can run it into the PC. Sometimes they can be had for cheap on Ebay.

I could maybe put together a setup you could try out there, until I can get something to pick them up from here.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Any old PC will work,as long as it can connect to a reliable internet connection. A $20-30 used PC from a cheap computer store will work. It's not that hard to set up.

The important thing is the radio. While scanners do work ,I find most busy city areas are prone to interference and intermod. You may need to work on you antenna setup to try and eliminate it. Motorola gear tends to work much better.

A used MCS2000 or even an old Maxtrac would work. If you can find an old Maxtrac, I'll convert it to type II and program it for you if you want. They also need to be modded to output flat squelch controlled audio on the accessory connector so you can run it into the PC. Sometimes they can be had for cheap on Ebay.

I could maybe put together a setup you could try out there, until I can get something to pick them up from here.

There are a few people who know me that might have the above mentioned radios that they can spare, if they choose to respond to this thread or by PM maybe we can work something out; I have no extra $ these days for anything other than necessities.
I do have an extra PC that I can spare so we are halfway there.

unlisted

... I already donated my only spare scanner to another "necessary" feed.. Or I would donate one.

I will keep my eyes open for a cheap scanner. If anyone else can help out, please let someone with the ability to put the feed "online" know.

jellotor

Eric, you can have one of my old K6's if you want. You provide the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Might have enough horsepower for what you need...they ran trunker fine on XP when I used them.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Eric, you can have one of my old K6's if you want. You provide the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Might have enough horsepower for what you need...they ran trunker fine on XP when I used them.

I'll give you a call this week if that is ok.

PS Whats a K6?
LOL

bruddy

Premium Subscriber
scanner feed

Can you give me the exact layout to do this seeing that i'm new at this as well , thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.