Feed shows off but I'm listening to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwrice

Feed Provider
Last Sunday I was listening to my scanner feed from another location and got a message that my feed was offline - while I was listening to it. I checked the page for my feed and it showed it to be off and according to the message I got, had been for 1 hour and 50 minutes.

I have never configured the software to do anything but feed to rr.com.

I was able to get someone at the house to stop and start Scannercast and the feed showed up again and all was well. When my son checked the computer that was feeding he said the display showed that the feed was broadcasting.

I have also received feed down messages when the feed was not down and did not show up as being down on the webpage.

I talked to the programmer of Scannercast and he suggested I post this info here.

Jon in SW MI

djl998

There's been a problem with the system sending out erroneous "feed down" emails lately. It might have something to do with that.

richtidd

Database Admin
Last Sunday I was listening to my scanner feed from another location and got a message that my feed was offline - while I was listening to it. I checked the page for my feed and it showed it to be off and according to the message I got, had been for 1 hour and 50 minutes.

I have never configured the software to do anything but feed to rr.com.

I was able to get someone at the house to stop and start Scannercast and the feed showed up again and all was well. When my son checked the computer that was feeding he said the display showed that the feed was broadcasting.

I have also received feed down messages when the feed was not down and did not show up as being down on the webpage.

I talked to the programmer of Scannercast and he suggested I post this info here.

Jon in SW MI

When a feed goes offline long enough to change the feed page from online to offline, it takes a bit of time for it to show online again.

During this time period, you're feed may be online and you are able to listen to it.

This is a system lag time in going from red to green.

Status
Not open for further replies.