Feed sounds like the Chipmunks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

OK, folks - need HELP figuring THIS one out!

Running Scannercast on a Compaq 1260 Laptop - 385 MHz 160 MB Ram (Its maximum) - WINXP SP1 - Nothing else running other than usual defaults.

When feeding to RR, the audio stream ~doubles rate and the feed sounds like "The Chipmunks" on "Speed" - Anyone ever seen that effect? :roll: :roll:
Wouff

CapStar362

me thinks you need a better system for audio feeds..... ( just my opinion, and how you got XP to run on something less than the minimum requirements is a good achievement, Kudos for that!! )

WouffHong

Oh, I agree with that and it normally runs down in the semi-finished cellar on a Tower XP SP3 decent system. The reason I want to get it to run on a Laptop is that when we leave the house for a week or more, I don't want to leave the PC running with nobody home, no fire protection. and connected to an outside discone.

With the laptop, I can set that in a metal trash-Barrel or even on the concrete floor away from anything flamable and LET it self-destruct if it happens. ;-)

I have tried it with low-rate 16KBPS and low bandwidth on both ICECAST/Simplecast and now Scannercast, and get exactly the same problem :-(

It has been suggested that I try increasing the audio Bandwidth to 44K and rate to 24K+ and may try that.

Tom

Last edited:

CapStar362

i just noticed your location...... LOL !! what part?

back on topic im not too familiar with audio streams so ill let the more informed and experienced guru's take on from here

Status
Not open for further replies.