Feed Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

Can any of the feed admins advise on an expected return date of the stats or maybe how long they will be down being reworked?

Thanks.

ocn29rsc

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
At this time im not aware of a set date, but Lindsay is working hard on re-architecting the stats page. Im sure it will be soon.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any particular reason why the old stats function can't remain live until the new platform is tested and rolled out?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Any particular reason why the old stats function can't remain live until the new platform is tested and rolled out?

Because it completely out grew our ability to scale it.

In any case, we've quietly released new feed stats reporting. There will be more details available in the reporting later, however this should get you started.

Right now we have about 3 days of stats to report on, and we're still tweaking the process and collections.

Remember, reporting, storing, and executing against stats for 2000+ feeds can be a rather daunting task.

Since the stats are offline for viewing, if a major event happens would there be any way to keep track of listener numbers for the reward program? Or is that temporarily suspended as well?

/edit - never mind. I just noticed Lindsay's reply above.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I see the new stats page is now live. Interesting, and pretty graphs, but where are the raw numbers of listeners per hour and uptime % per hour? I copy/paste those numbers into Excel so that I can chart/graph the stats out as I see fit. Also, is the new platform still displaying times based on the Central time zone, or does it adjust to the feed time zone? Thanks.

EDIT:

Because it completely out grew our ability to scale it.

In any case, we've quietly released new feed stats reporting. There will be more details available in the reporting later, however this should get you started.

Right now we have about 3 days of stats to report on, and we're still tweaking the process and collections.

Remember, reporting, storing, and executing against stats for 2000+ feeds can be a rather daunting task.

As I was posting this, you replied. I'm interested in seeing what other details will be included, but I'd also like to see the raw #'s restored for those of us who choose to log/chart them using software outside of the RR platform.

Last edited:

feedus

Premium Subscriber
The new stats are great. I like the charts and all. Thanks for the hard work and I cant wait to see what else is coming.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, look nice. But I am curious, are the graphs supposed to be "backwards"? "Now" is at the beginning of the graph, going back in time to the right across the page. Not a problem, I've just never seen that style of charting.

truckie36

Feed Provider
I like the new graphs, but it was nice to see the past 2 weeks worth of data in the old setup.

jpryor

Very nice work with the latest Feed Statistics graphing, will be neat to see as data continues to be collected and more options to slice and dice are developed. I'm thinking time options (like on Weather Underground) for last day, last week, last month, etc could be interesting as well if the summarized statistical data doesn't become too much of a burden to manage.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm still waiting for the raw numbers to return in some fashion, even if it's a separate link to download them or whatnot. Clearly the numbers are available somewhere if they're being plotted. It's very inconvenient in the current graph form to record these numbers to an Excel spreadsheet, especially when the graph's Y axis only shows 0, 15 and 30. You're left to guess at the specific numbers in between those plot points. Yes, the graphs are pretty and for the average user are better than the previous chart full of numbers, but for some of us, we prefer the option of recording and charting our own raw numbers in an external application. Thanks! :wink:

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Actually, I'm trying to SAVE time by being able to once again copy and paste the raw #'s :D

Thanks Bossman, your efforts to keep RR top-notch are always appreciated and don't go unnoticed.
icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.