Feed Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptx

Just trying to get my new feed up and running. I'm hearing certain channels crystal clear and I'm not hearing others at all.

I can hear Louisville Metro EMS, and Clarksville Police just fine. However I can't hear Louisville Fire / Suburban Fire at all. Does this make sense to anyone? I've tried changing my settings on Oddcast with no luck. Just curious if anyone had some pointers for me.

Trevin

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
This sound like something to do with your scanner programing. If you hear "stuff" coming from your feed then your feed is working, if there is channels/ TG you are not hearing then thats got to be with your scanner. Also, switch to scannercast instead of Oddcast, much better results.

Cryptx

Alright but I'm hearing everything just fine through my scanner speakers. It's getting lost from the trip from the scanner to my PC. But it doesn't make any sense why one channel would come through just fine and another channel doesn't play at all. At least not to me.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Alright but I'm hearing everything just fine through my scanner speakers. It's getting lost from the trip from the scanner to my PC. But it doesn't make any sense why one channel would come through just fine and another channel doesn't play at all. At least not to me.

Ok So let me get this straight. You are hearing all the Channels/TG through your scanner's speaker but you only hear certain ones through your feed, Correct?

mdulrich

Feed Provider
From listening to your feed your record levels and/or scanner volume is set too high. The channels you are not hearing on the feed are probably coming through louder on your scanner and getting clipped from your feed. Try turning down your record level.

Mike

Cryptx

Kendrick - That is correct. I hear everything just fine from my scanner. Some channels are not going through the feed.

MDulrich - They do not even appear to register on the "Peak" meter. The channels that I can hear on the feed are doing just fine - the others don't even change on the meter in Oddcast. I'm trying to find the line-in on my soundcard, because right now I'm using the Mic port. Do you think this could have something to do with it?

Does the BCT15 have a setting that needs to be enabled on certain banks to record?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
right now I'm using the Mic port. Do you think this could have something to do with it?

That makes a little more sense now. That could be the reason. Have you switched to scannercast that i provided in the other post?

Cryptx

Not just yet. Pre-occupied with holiday stuff and work today and tomorrow. Hopefully I can mess with it on Saturday. I'm not positive my soundcard has a line-in port. It's a high-end Soundblaster, so it seems like it would however I'm not seeing it.

richtidd

Database Admin
Kendrick - That is correct. I hear everything just fine from my scanner. Some channels are not going through the feed.

MDulrich - They do not even appear to register on the "Peak" meter. The channels that I can hear on the feed are doing just fine - the others don't even change on the meter in Oddcast. I'm trying to find the line-in on my soundcard, because right now I'm using the Mic port. Do you think this could have something to do with it?

Does the BCT15 have a setting that needs to be enabled on certain banks to record?

The record output on the Uniden needs to be enabled via the programming software. You may have it enabled for some but not all channels.

I suggest you enable record on all channels.

I use Butel ARC15.
On a system tab there is record for all, marked, off. Select all.
You may find the same feature on your software.

mdulrich

Feed Provider

I think Rich has the answer with the record option on your scanner. The line input would be a better option for feeding audio. But regardless, you really need to turn down the level on your feed, it is way too hot.

Mike

Cryptx

Alright. I think I've got everything up and running and it sounds pretty decent right now. It still has that "buzz" sound - probably due to a lot of electronics near my scanner and computer. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I appreciate everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.