Feed Violation-Portage Co. Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasby

The person who is hosting this feed:Portage County Sheriff and Northeast Ohio Medical University Police - Digital, is broadcasting the Sheriff's tactical channel.

There was a police involved shooting in which officer's lives were at stake and the sensitive tactical info was being fully broadcast on his feed over the sheriff's tac 1 channel. The incident was on 02-07-17 at approximately 2100 hours.

I think he goes by "Dantheman" on RR and is from the Deerfield, Ohio area of Portage County.

Please stop this madness!!

Ubik

Feed Provider
Has anyone reached out to the feed provider on this?

I've always wondered how much of this type thing is willful violation of the rules vs someone just not realizing what they are doing vs agencies moving TAC onto places it wasn't previously (and the feed owners not being aware thus they don't update accordingly.)

I know I don't broadcast those TGs but if it came to my attention they'd moved stuff around and I was, I'd take steps to remediate immediately (either reprogram the scanner or if I'm not home just remotely kill darkice encoder until the appropriate changes could be made to the scanner etc.)

pkneeyahx

Human
did you report this to broadcastify? they are usually on the ball with this kind of thing. i've reported incidents such as this on other feeds in the past and they've always dealt with it swiftly.

nrf

what is the deal here? some kind of terms of service for broadcastify?

Status
Not open for further replies.