Feedback on new Peel Police feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for hosting these feeds, they sound great! :)

While the Stereo feeds work great allowing me the easy choice of listening to Right / Left or Both feeds, I would still like Mono or Stereo with only a single Radio feed. I find having the same sound on both sides of my head makes things more legible. I have a slight hearing loss on one side and have not found a way to select, ..say the right channel only, ..to play out both speakers so I can interpret the audio correctly. When I try to listen to your feeds while driving things gets worse. Now I'm not really complaining nor suggesting what you should do, it is your feeds and I do appreciate it being made available but I thought you might want to know the draw backs of Duel Stereo Feeds for peoples with some hearing loss in one ear.

PS, I Use an iPhone App called PocketTunes to listen to the feeds in my car while driving. My iPhone Docks to my Car Stereo Deck passing the Internet radio all while charging my phone. I'm finding this more preferable then my BCD396T patched into the car stereo deck through the AUX-IN, ..which uses up my scanner batteries! :p

wyldman

Thanks for hosting these feeds, they sound great! :)

While the Stereo feeds work great allowing me the easy choice of listening to Right / Left or Both feeds, I would still like Mono or Stereo with only a single Radio feed. I find having the same sound on both sides of my head makes things more legible. I have a slight hearing loss on one side and have not found a way to select, ..say the right channel only, ..to play out both speakers so I can interpret the audio correctly. When I try to listen to your feeds while driving things gets worse. Now I'm not really complaining nor suggesting what you should do, it is your feeds and I do appreciate it being made available but I thought you might want to know the draw backs of Duel Stereo Feeds for peoples with some hearing loss in one ear.

PS, I Use an iPhone App called PocketTunes to listen to the feeds in my car while driving. My iPhone Docks to my Car Stereo Deck passing the Internet radio all while charging my phone. I'm finding this more preferable then my BCD396T patched into the car stereo deck through the AUX-IN, ..which uses up my scanner batteries! :p

I prefer the stereo (for feeds running 2 talkgroups or channels),as you can tell who is talking based on where it's coming from. Stereo feeds also allow you to listen to 2 talkgroups (and not miss anything). It makes better use of each sound card too. I would need double the number of sound card to do mono feeds for each.

I understand what your saying ..... there must be a way to change the feed to mono on your end. I'm not sure if you can set the output on your iphone to mono,or the input on your stereo to mono somehow. If not, could you try a stereo to mono adapter for your aux in ?

patches4442

I am listening to tps and peel region police sounds great. Except there is only speaker coming thru at times. I am glad this feed is online as there is alot of action in toronto and peel regions.

condor477

I've been enjoying the fire feed for the last few days. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed tonight to have it go offline just as the night was getting busy. Is anyone aware of another online feed source for Mississauga Fire? It's pretty cool listening on my iPhone. Thanks.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I've been enjoying the fire feed for the last few days. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed tonight to have it go offline just as the night was getting busy. Is anyone aware of another online feed source for Mississauga Fire? It's pretty cool listening on my iPhone. Thanks.

Ty Condor477 for the kind words about my feed, BTW this thread is for Peel Police feeds not Peel Fire sorry. My feed has been turned off for the last few nights due to equipment issues. If you would have checked the feeds details you would have seen the feed would be offline overnight. Funny its been online for the last hour but yet shows offline... It just finally changed to Online lol..... I hope to have it 24/7 again soon, if of course my equipment settles down and behaves itself :lol:

condor477

Ty Condor477 for the kind words about my feed, BTW this thread is for Peel Police feeds not Peel Fire sorry. My feed has been turned off for the last few nights due to equipment issues. If you would have checked the feeds details you would have seen the feed would be offline overnight. Funny its been online for the last hour but yet shows offline... It just finally changed to Online lol..... I hope to have it 24/7 again soon, if of course my equipment settles down and behaves itself :lol:

Opps. Sorry, wrong thread. I did see it would be down overnight. I was just hoping it would stay up a bit later. I work for a nearby FD and enjoy listening during "Prime Time".

wyldman

I am listening to tps and peel region police sounds great. Except there is only speaker coming thru at times. I am glad this feed is online as there is alot of action in toronto and peel regions.

It's a stereo feed,so if only one division is talking,it only comes thru one speaker. This is perfectly normal.

wyldman

We should hopefully have a solution to this shortly, which will provide a 24 hr fire feed. ;)

bra1NscaNguY

All 6 Peel Scanner feed link's!

We should hopefully have a solution to this shortly, which will provide a 24 hr fire feed. ;)

If anyone is still interested I have all the feed's direct link's on my iPhone! I use the App called "5-0 Radio Pro, Police Scanner" it has an option to email the link of the channel you are listening to. So I copied & pasted all the good one's. I will post them all in the forum, if anyone is interested. Here is all of Peel, for now!

1) Peel Region Police, 11 & 12 Division (Erin Mill's & Dundas) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/791722220

2) Peel Region Police, 21 & 22 Division (Dixie & Eglinton) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/145340087

3) Ontario Provincial Police, E.M.S., M.N.R. & M.T.O. (All Ontario) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/512255975

4) Peel Region Fire Department (All Peel) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/31105597

5) Peel Region Ambulance Service (North & South) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/826676024

6) Pearson International Airport (Y.Y.Z.) Public Safety:

http://relay.radioreference.com:80/944431186

Enjoy, PEACE!

bra1NscaNguY

Either the links don't work or their taking a very long time to open

They all work fine, don't click the link's! Copy & paste them into your computer's media player "URL" access! I listen to them all on my pc everyday! I'm on Rogers, running windows Vista home basic OP system & they all work! Here is Toronto Police link also,

Scanner 911

I am listening to that on my iPhone as well, I thought I heard people saying that was no longer available! It says on my iPhone that "911 SCANNER" app has exclusive rights to this. It works on my iPhone, I will copy & paste it into my windows media player & add it to my playlist of all the previous links & let you know how it works! I think I can also listen to Guelph Police Services, on my iPhone via "5-0 Police Scanner" app, that everyone is also saying is no longer available. Is Guelph Police scanner station called "Centre Wellington public safety?" if so, I am listening ony iPhone with "5-0 Police Scanner" app now

here http://relay.radioreference.com:80/610837260

To open this link on your desktop computer, open iTunes and press Ctrl+U or Command+U, and paste the above URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.