Feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXDuck

My 436HP will be delivered tomorrow. Haven't been this excited about a purchase in a while.

Greatly appreciate the wealth of information on this site. The wiki, FAQ, forums, and other info is spectacular.

Cheers!

Timmeh-31

Premium Subscriber
Hi and welcome ATXDuck! Glad to have you aboard.

I know about the excitement. While I'm not new to scanners, I hadn't bought a new rig in nearly 10 years, and just recently picked up a BCD996P2. It arrived on December 23, so I had it just before Christmas. Hadn't been that excited over a new "toy" in many years! It's a real champ too, it's on 24/7 and has no problem picking up traffic within two counties with the stock antenna.

You're going to love the 436HP, from all accounts it's a solid little performer and I love the display on it. Maybe next time I'm looking for a handheld, that's the direction I'll be looking. :)

Again, welcome to RadioReference! Talk with you soon.

K4EET

Chaplain
My 436HP will be delivered tomorrow. Haven't been this excited about a purchase in a while.

Greatly appreciate the wealth of information on this site. The wiki, FAQ, forums, and other info is spectacular.

Cheers!

Welcome to Radio Reference! You are going to love the BCD436HP handheld scanner. While I do not own that model, I have the BCD536HP base/mobile scanner, I've seen the 436 model and it is a solid performer and a great handheld scanner.

Once you receive the scanner, post up if you have any questions.

73, Dave K4EET

KA2ZEY

I still look at my 435 with amazement. I remember as a kid discovering scanners over the old knob controlled SW/MW/VHF radios and it blew my mind. There was a PRO-2006 in Radio Shack at the mall and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Fast forward to the first scanner that could do trunking - Pro 90 then the 396XT and now this!!

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber

Cheers!

Excellent. A couple of tips. Order a better portable antenna, like a Diamond SR77 or a Watson 801, because the antenna that it comes with is garbage. It has a bit of a learning curve but you'll get the hang of it. I have two of them...it is an awesome scanner. Enjoy it!

blackcloud08

Premium Subscriber
Congrats!! The 436 is an awesome scanner! It has many features but be patient with it as it also has a steep learning curve for some. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.