Fernie Alpine Resort Ski Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

timhalpen

Does anyone know the exact settings required for a Baofeng BF-UV5R to hear Fernie Ski Patrol?
Thanks!

BC_Scan

For listening purposes only, you can put each freq into a memory to figure out. If it is CSPS, they use typically 173.640 MHz Wanting exact setting implies you are attempting to transmit. Dunno, unless you have implicit written permission not recommended with that radio.

timhalpen

I have zero intention of transmitting. Only want to listen. I understood there maybe other settings to be aware of like squelch, type, etc. I'm less than a newbie!

BC_Scan

Okay thats good. So do you have the info you require now? We don't know of any CTCSS possibly in use, this will not interfere with reception as the freq's they are assigned are likely the only ones in use around for miles, so you would not likely get interference from another user ie: say local saw mill or mine. So you can leave the squelch setting as CSQ or carrier squelch. Don't know the radio software for that unit.

Private Message me if you like: bc_scan@hotmail.com

laidback

RailFanning is a way of Life
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know the exact settings required for a Baofeng BF-UV5R to hear Fernie Ski Patrol?
Thanks!

FrequencyLicenseDescription
172.93500VGJ717Fernie Alpine Resort - Ski School
173.98500VGJ717Fernie Alpine Resort - Dispatch

timhalpen

Looks like I was way over complicating it. One frequency works great! 173.985. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.