Ferrite cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

My shack is beginning to be filled with many cables (USB cables/network cables/power supply cables/battery chargers/computers/laptops/etc.). I think it's time i put ferrite cores on some of those cables (a few of them have one built-in). Do you have any recommendation/suggestions on what i should use ?

Thanks
VA2FCS

prcguy

What frequency range do you want to attenuate?

Hello all,

My shack is beginning to be filled with many cables (USB cables/network cables/power supply cables/battery chargers/computers/laptops/etc.). I think it's time i put ferrite cores on some of those cables (a few of them have one built-in). Do you have any recommendation/suggestions on what i should use ?

Thanks
VA2FCS

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I mostly want to eliminate as much noise as possible from all the equipment installed and powered on in my shack. I mostly operate the amateur portion of VHF/UHF bands (repeaters/DMR/D-star)

prcguy

A 43 mix ferrite will target the VHF/UHF bands and there is one made by Laird that works great but I don't have the type number on that one. For the typical rectangular snap on units that are about 1.75" long and 1" across, about 2 turns through the center of one is good or three ferrites in series works well. Just one by itself over a wire doesn't do much.

I mostly want to eliminate as much noise as possible from all the equipment installed and powered on in my shack. I mostly operate the amateur portion of VHF/UHF bands (repeaters/DMR/D-star)

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
I got RF out of a power supply line to a receiver with 3 snap on ferrite beads on the line! The nearby transmitters were in the 175mhz range. I did the loop thru the bead twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.