Few calls and no audio

btt

Banned
Banned
I did the reset and it wiped out all my talk groups..I gave up..I will mess with it some other time. I was receiving calls on the control channel but it's the only channel I have now but I couldn't hear anything I could just see the lights showing it was rx something.

Mine will not even update anything now....just sits there blinking it's orange and blue lights.☹
If it is blinking, then the bootloader is running. Assuming it is continually flashing an flash memory error code, then you can press the TG button for a second or two. This will cause it to erase flash again, (same as if you issued factory 1 command). You need to wait until it completes. Should take 15-20 seconds. After this, the bootloader should be waiting for you to load new firmware (rapid flashing of leds with 50/50 duty cycle).

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
If it is blinking, then the bootloader is running. Assuming it is continually flashing an flash memory error code, then you can press the TG button for a second or two. This will cause it to erase flash again, (same as if you issued factory 1 command). You need to wait until it completes. Should take 15-20 seconds. After this, the bootloader should be waiting for you to load new firmware (rapid flashing of leds with 50/50 duty cycle).
No go..you can let it sit for an hour and it still says "discovering device please wait"

btt

Banned
Banned
No go..you can let it sit for an hour and it still says "discovering device please wait"
If the following from the user manual doesn't help, then please contact via email to arrange return of the device. I will take care of it, except for shipping costs.

4.3 Recover From Failed Firmware Update
Something went wrong during a firmware update. Maybe power was lost? Now
the P25RX SIG and TG leds are flashing rapidly at a constant rate. Don’t worry,
the leds indicate that the device is in bootloader mode. Solution: Re-start the
BTConfig software. The firmware will be automatically updated. Once the
BTConfig software verifies that the firmware was successfully installed, it will
return the device to the normal application operating mode. In the very unlikely
event that something more catastrophic went wrong, you can initiate the
bootloader mode by holding down the TG button during power-up and wait for
approximately 10 seconds until the leds light up. Release the TG button and wait
for a couple of seconds. The SIG and TG leds should start flashing rapidly at a
constant rate. After this, follow the above solution to finish installing the firmware
update. If the device is in bootloader mode when the BTConfig software is
started, you may see an option to erase the talk group and roaming flash areas.
You can bypass the erase option. If you continue to have issues, you should try
responding with <yes> to the erase option in order to resolve potential issues
with corrupted flash areas. You can use your backup files to restore the talk
group and roaming flash areas after the erase.

KSPILOT536

Premium Subscriber
If the following from the user manual doesn't help, then please contact via email to arrange return of the device. I will take care of it, except for shipping costs.

4.3 Recover From Failed Firmware Update
Something went wrong during a firmware update. Maybe power was lost? Now
the P25RX SIG and TG leds are flashing rapidly at a constant rate. Don’t worry,
the leds indicate that the device is in bootloader mode. Solution: Re-start the
BTConfig software. The firmware will be automatically updated. Once the
BTConfig software verifies that the firmware was successfully installed, it will
return the device to the normal application operating mode. In the very unlikely
event that something more catastrophic went wrong, you can initiate the
bootloader mode by holding down the TG button during power-up and wait for
approximately 10 seconds until the leds light up. Release the TG button and wait
for a couple of seconds. The SIG and TG leds should start flashing rapidly at a
constant rate. After this, follow the above solution to finish installing the firmware
update. If the device is in bootloader mode when the BTConfig software is
started, you may see an option to erase the talk group and roaming flash areas.
You can bypass the erase option. If you continue to have issues, you should try
responding with <yes> to the erase option in order to resolve potential issues
with corrupted flash areas. You can use your backup files to restore the talk
group and roaming flash areas after the erase.
OK..I pushed the TG button and then reloaded the latest firmware and it worked but I am back to square 1,no audio and no TGs..I did a DB search and it loaded the frequencies for my area but it's not using them I don't think because I see some received signals but not loading to TGs and of course I can't hear the audio.

btt

Banned
Banned
OK..I pushed the TG button and then reloaded the latest firmware and it worked but I am back to square 1,no audio and no TGs..I did a DB search and it loaded the frequencies for my area but it's not using them I don't think because I see some received signals but not loading to TGs and of course I can't hear the audio.
The talk groups and roaming flash got erased during the "factory 1" configuration reset. You will need to load them from your back file or re-import from the RR DSD-formatted CSV talk group files. After you detect your control channel frequencies, you should select them, the press <write selected to roaming flash> option. After that, go to the P25RX Configuration tab and enable roaming. Enter a timeout of 9999 and press <write config> button.