BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Few questions after first 2 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awz1287

OK so I have been using the bcd436hp for 2 months and have gotten most features figured out but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to keep the little led light on through out the whole transmission?
2. Is there a way to set a quick mute button? I like to leave the radio on but when I receive phone calls I would like to mute it for a few minutes with out having to press the top button to turn down the volume by hand. Also can i change the top button so the volume control is always on and push would be for scan direction?
3. Is there a way to search for towns on the radio itself by name instead of with zip code? Like the software database usa>state>county>town>frequencies.

I still really new at this so any help would be very appreciated.

kd7eir

OK so I have been using the bcd436hp for 2 months and have gotten most features figured out but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to keep the little led light on through out the whole transmission?
2. Is there a way to set a quick mute button? I like to leave the radio on but when I receive phone calls I would like to mute it for a few minutes with out having to press the top button to turn down the volume by hand. Also can i change the top button so the volume control is always on and push would be for scan direction?
3. Is there a way to search for towns on the radio itself by name instead of with zip code? Like the software database usa>state>county>town>frequencies.

I still really new at this so any help would be very appreciated.

1) Not without a change in the firmware.
2) Not exactly as you described, but if you lock the keypad (FUNC key + Power button) the top knob controls volume without having to press down first
3) Not that I am aware of.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
1. No, there's no way to control the duration of the LED light.
2. When your phone rings and you want the scanner to shut up, just press the Menu button on the side. ;)
3. No and I wish you could because that would be a handy feature. Perhaps a future firmware update could allow it? Upman, this one's got my vote if you're looking for new features to implement.

-AZ

kd7eir

1. No, there's no way to control the duration of the LED light.
2. When your phone rings and you want the scanner to shut up, just press the Menu button on the side. ;)
3. No and I wish you could because that would be a handy feature. Perhaps a future firmware update could allow it? Upman, this one's got my vote if you're looking for new features to implement.

-AZ

Nice suggestion for the Menu button - I never thought of that.

JamesO

Menu button is a blessing and a curse.

On both the 396XT and 436HP I often accidentally hit the Menu button. I often need to look and check the display to make sure I am not in Menu mode.

But I have also learned to use the Menu button as a Mute on all the radios as a Mute.

The problem is on 996Xt and 536HP the Menu button is not as easy to quickly find.

As for the Alerts LED, hopefully a newer firmware release will have an option to allow for a longer and/or continuous LED Alert. PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.