FFIeld County FAPERN test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorndike113

Wow, one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen. In my public safety department we have just over 2500 personnel, maybe 100 know they are using encrypted radios the other 2400 come to work and use the tools given to them to do their jobs, and don't feel big and bad because they are encrypted.

Your ignorant comments are exactly what is bringing an end to this hobby and im sure your comments bashing all public safety personnel have been copied and sent to people to use in their argument FOR encryption

And just to add to my reply, A lot of the times where someone with a scanner could help a public safety person is when they are dealing with this wave of 'drive-by 911' calls that started after 9/11 and continues. The people who have the need to call 911 and say something because they saw something. I just heard several calls just before I posted this that had the state police running up and down the highway looking for people and vehicles that were a bit hidden or didnt exist. The reason? Civilians doing drive-by 911 calls and giving a fraction of a description to the call taker. Imagine an encrypted dispatch and no one knows the call and public safety doesnt get there in time because of a fraction of a description and someone dies. I could go on with worse scenarios. I know I personally have heard a couple of calls in my life where they didnt get to a scene due to lack of info and someone died and a simple helpful call from a nearby civilian could have helped.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
2 Things I got from all this

As APX Said......We have the WANT to listen LIVE, but NOT the Need...Work on getting encrypted departments to delay on line and keep the hobby going

And I Said.....
The death of the hobby is created by the people who love it...An example...Thorndike113..His comments are going to help some Motorola/Harris/Kenwood/Tait sales person sell encryption to someone, His posts are probably part of some power point presentation already

Thorndike113

2 Things I got from all this

As APX Said......We have the WANT to listen LIVE, but NOT the Need...Work on getting encrypted departments to delay on line and keep the hobby going

And I Said.....
The death of the hobby is created by the people who love it...An example...Thorndike113..His comments are going to help some Motorola/Harris/Kenwood/Tait sales person sell encryption to someone, His posts are probably part of some power point presentation already

I love how my post talking about civilians being able to HEAR and HELP public safety is getting misconstrued into "scanner listeners want to use the scanner to do criminal acts, therefore encrypt all communication". Not a single one of you PUBLIC SAFETY PEOPLE even got what I was saying. Do I need to spell it out for you?

SCANNER LISTENER ......... LISTEN TO SCANNER ........... HELP PUBLIC SAFETY.

I can put it in sesame street language if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.