FHP aircraft question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4KVE

Does anyone know what freq the FHP aircraft that looks for speeders use? Years ago it was 154.92, but now I’m told it’s 800 analog conventional patched into their trunking system. I can’t find it in the FHP section on RR. Any info?

byron

K4SIP
Premium Subscriber
All FHP activity is on digtal + encrypted state SLERS trunked systems. Un-monitorable.

There's an EDACS and P25 system. I believe from the RR database that the aircraft units are on the P25 system. (2nd link below)

Byron

N4KVE

Thanks. I saw that. One of my buddy’s is a road ranger with a FHP trunked radio in his work truck, but he swears the planes are on an analog 800 freq patched into the slers aystem.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Simulcast systems don't work well when received at altitude so the possibility of a conventional resource patched into SLERS makes sense. If the state license shows any statewide frequencies, those might be the place to listen.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
0004575346 is the FRN that SLERS uses, and GE is the radio service code for conventional 800 licenses. Out of 48 licenses that meet both conditions, only one is not for 8CALL90 and 8TAC91. I'd probably start there.

edweirdFL

For those of us distant from the ground stations, I was wondering how often we'd hear something on the input freq.s? Seems like a crude way of telling if there was a/c ops in your neck of the woods, even if the content of the transmissions wasn't available.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
For those of us distant from the ground stations, I was wondering how often we'd hear something on the input freq.s? Seems like a crude way of telling if there was a/c ops in your neck of the woods, even if the content of the transmissions wasn't available.
i can most certainly speak to middle florida... activity on the "orlando Air" system is incredibly low. I ran DSD+ on the Orlando Air system for 48+ hours... i captured ONE keyup. Lots of affiliations, but one TG request. I would be curious if the activity down south in Miami/FLL were any more active than up here.... which also begs the question on who exactly is really authorized on the system..? aircraft only? who do they talk to - ? ground units? This could be a non-starter for the ground units because every FHP car I've looked at (again, in middle florida) did not have a P25 radio in it - just an SLERS mobile and sometimes a low end VHF rig - and one guy had a CB velcro'd in.

YMMV.

doug

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
FHP has conventional simplex frequencies that are ProVoice Encrypted, not sure if they are used for air ops.

radioguru6613

I haven't run up and down the TPike in a while but at one point I found the eye in the sky calling radar down to the troops on 800 Mutual Aid, don't recall which one of the 4 channels but the Close Call went off around Ft Drum. At first, I heard the plane then as I got closer I started to hear the guys on the ground and eventually drove right through the trap.

mitch802

All FHP activity is on digtal + encrypted state SLERS trunked systems. Un-monitorable.

There's an EDACS and P25 system. I believe from the RR database that the aircraft units are on the P25 system. (2nd link below)

Byron

Well all things change Gentlemen. I am using the Uniden BCD 536HP with ALL the trimmings and upgrades. I am scanning and picking up some transmissions on Motorola, P25, EDACS, SLERS, and maybe I am leaving some out? Not saying a lot. Haven't mounted in my car YET but it is coming soon. Yes, yes. I already have an FCC license for GMRS(WQNU467) and PMRS(WRMJ702)
with a HAM radio to follow. I am a former Mississippi Sheriff's Deputy.

Here are some screen CAPS. One is the upgrade menu which I did purchase all three upgrades as well as where I am scanning. Cannot pickup lakeland as I am in SWFL, but I am getting some others that are nearby. More Motorola, P25, one EDACS, so far. Once I am mobile I have a feeling that I will be picking up more. This bad boy also has 'Close Call' built in but so far all it has picked up is FM radio which I have gone in an manually edited out ALL the FM frequencies as far as music radio. So far so good there. No more interruptions. Luckily you can double tap the avoid frequency button and it will permanently disable that frequency from the head unit. This is by far the most superior scanner that I have ever owned. If you want to monitor someone or something then this is the one that you must buy and yes you will be paying about $160.00+ for all three separate upgrades.

This scanner automatically imports list via ZIP CODE but if I use the Sentinel software I can pick ANYWHERE in the U.S.A. and CANADA. I haven't had this long but I am figuring it out pretty quickly. Has a WiFi dongle and a GPS option which I am working on adding as well. Perhaps someone know more about this scanner than I do. Which wouldn't take much as this baby is NEW to me. Happy to screenshot more if needed. Please feel free to ask. I am stationary right now in my house until I mount this bad boy. Mostly I am receiving transmissions from Lee County Sheriff's Office, some RSW Airport, Cape Coral P.D. on P25. Those are the main ones as of now thus far.

Attachments

• IMG_0831.jpeg
    IMG_0831.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.