FHP and JSO Cars Collide

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Nobody was injured, but a trooper taking someone to jail and an officer responding to a shooting collided Downtown.

The crash happened just before 5 p.m. at the intersection of Forsyth and Ocean streets.

Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Bill Leeper said the details are unclear, including how an SUV was involved, but he said the trooper was taking someone to the jail three blocks away when the crash happened.

Leeper said rescue personnel have checked out everyone involved, and nobody was taken to the hospital.

First Coast News has a crew at the scene gathering more information.

First Coast News

FHP and JSO Cars Collide in Downtown Jacksonville | firstcoastnews.com

I think if St Augustine PD gets into a crash a Sheriff's Office or FHP comes out to invest investigate but if a FHP and JSO gets into a crash who comes out? Does FL DOT Law Enforcement?

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
I think if St Augustine PD gets into a crash a Sheriff's Office or FHP comes out to invest investigate but if a FHP and JSO gets into a crash who comes out? Does FL DOT Law Enforcement?

I don't think they technically have to, but sometimes controversial/inter-department cases are turned over to FDLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.