Field Day 2008 CSX Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was at field day this year our operating location was right next to some vary busy RR tracks and just before we packed up to leave I snapped a couple of photos of the last train to pass before we left.just thought you guys might want to see them.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
When I was at field day this year our operating location was right next to some vary busy RR tracks...
The club I'm in used to have Field Day at a township park that was adjacent to the Conrail, now CSX, main line between Indianapolis and St. Louis. There was a crossing nearby that required passing trains to blow their horns. Early one morning, I was trying to answer another station's CQ and had the mike keyed at the same time a horn blew. The calling station picked up on that and came right back to me.

rhicks6000

Premium Subscriber
Around here we don't get to see much CSX its a rare treat when they do show up

Attachments

• csx 705.jpg
    csx 705.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 559
  • csx 705-1.jpg
    csx 705-1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 441

gcgrotz

Nice porch on 8033. Anybody for a cookout?

I live 2 blocks from the old CSX piedmont sub, now run by Buckingham Branch RR. CSX runs their empties westbound 5 or 6 times daily. Good bunch of railfans here in town.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The only time I see CSXT Power is when it is on the BNSF. I don't see that many on the UP. I did see one two days ago.
Around here, it's reversed. CSX and UP have several run-through trains between Indianapolis and Salem, Illinois, via their connection at St. Elmo, Illinois. A lot of those trains have UP power.

Aa3rt

La Plata, Charles Co, MD MP 38.8 on the Pope's Cre
Not 2008 but...

Back in 2005, the Charles County (MD) Amateur Radio Club held Field Day at the La Plata Train Station Museum. It was a great location, right in town and with convenience stores in easy walking distance. However, we were hampered by the inability to string longwire antennas.

Here's a northbound headed towards Bowie. KB3KOW takes a break to watch the passing train, very near our operating location. Photo courtesy of K4HQK.

Attachments

• LaPlata_field_day_18.jpg
    LaPlata_field_day_18.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 635
Status
Not open for further replies.