Field Day 2019 this weekend June 22 18:00 UTC to June 23 20:59 UTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

needairtime

Anyone have any special plans?

I still do not have a HF radio, but 6m, 2m, and 70cm are included in "all bands 50MHz and above" "all modes"! As long as you're not using a repeater...

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
For sure! Go out and join and group and have some fun. They are always looking for additional operators.

I will be camping with a friend and running 2B. We were originally going to go maritime mobile, but that plan fell through.

menajemh

Just came from floyd bennet field in Brooklyn ny. KCRC organized an amazing setup. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the NYC area to check them out.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Yesterday: 40 and 20 meters were busy. 6 meters was intermittent (normal), but I grabbed some Canadian stations. I don't know why I didn't take a look at 80 or 160 meters in the evening.

Today: 40 and 20 meters are busy. I'm listening/calling on 6 again today, but it may not roll in until later.

- Using a waterfall is quite helpful if one is hunting, as well as observing if there is any traffic on a band or if it is dead.
- 10 is dead here. 20 and below are busy with digital/phone/CW and I did hear several phone contacts on 15, as well as hearing a Vermont station. QSB is pretty bad on 15.

I have not had the need to narrow up the RX lately and it was nice to get my money's worth out of that button again. ;)

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Made a couple calls on 10. 20 and 40 were hopping. 80 was static crashes and a whole lot of nothing. I think everyone just went to 40. Huge signals all night last night. 15 was super busy too.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
At precisely 1300 CST yesterday 40m lit up my band scope like 4th of July fireworks. It like - EXPLODED - with activity. I worked 20, 40, 80 and 160 until 1900 CST and then called it a day. I could have made 3 or 4 times the contact, but due to some confusion I didn't have anyone to act as a logger. :cautious:

I went back out to the site again this morning with thoughts of working from 0700 until 1300 CST, but having checked the weather before leaving, realized that heavy rain and high winds were forecast for the afternoon. Instead I packed up, took down my twin 48' masts, locked up "Big Blue" (our counties' EMA communications trailer, and came home.

bharvey2

I'm not a contester but I did spend a lot of time on Saturday on various bands just making contacts and helping others who were looking to score points. Most of my contacts were on 2M and 20M. I hung out a bit on 6M and 10M. Heard traffic on USB phone but didn't make any contacts. I did get a few hits on 80M on Saturday evening but I'm not sure they were all contesting. I did discover that I had a bad length of coax that was causing some RF noise fits lately so getting that solved was an added bonus. My 20M noise floor was only about S3-S4 so I was a happy camper (in my garage)

needairtime

I monitored 146.52 to see if anyone actually tried it, alas it was quiet. I don't have a good house antenna so that may be the problem, at least no lightning to fight with. I did hear someone trying 446.000, so I responded but my radio and likewise antenna probably didn't make it back to him. Oh well...

Hit_Factor

I worked 10m, 2m, and 70cm but no luck.

Our club is W8MAI 2A MI, and our CW beat phone 4 to 1. We tried to get a QSO on satellite but no luck.

We made 5 contacts on solar power.

We had 3 or 4 make 20 QSOs on the GOTA

Status
Not open for further replies.