Field day toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year i am out on my own.
My Kenwood.
A 5/8 wave magmount.
And 25 Watts.
Parking above Ventura Ca.
1 bravo with a old lawn tractor battery.
What's your plans?
Simple or extreme?

DW
So. Cal

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
My plan is 1E from my home. 100W on 80m-10m EFHW, 100W on 6M vertical dipole 17' AGL. When and if I switch to do any 2m, unplug radio from PS and plug in 2M rig, maintain the 1E. Plan is to run Surface 4 and rig from a Yamaha inverter generator, NE Ohio.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Stopped doing this contest years ago.. At least they kinda stopped calling it a drill.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I've always enjoyed the annual Field Day as it gives me the opportunity to test my latest antenna experiments. Sadly, the club I recently joined has had to cancel the club's Field Day because of too much rain. We've been in severe drought conditions for the past eight months. Now we get a deluge on the same weekend as Field Day. Go figure!

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I'm taking it as an opportunity to sharpen my skills, both in listening, and hopefully in making a few runs. This will also be the first time I operate from a generator. I borrowed a Yamaha ES2000iS, even though I'm operating from home, I get to run 1E.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I may hop in the car several times over the weekend and try operating 1C on my FT-857. If I run the rig from its own battery, I can operate 1E. Sadly I just don't have the room at my house to erect any of my "experimental antennas." :(

Last edited:

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I may hop in the car several times over the weekend and try operating 1C on my FT-857. If I run the rig from its own battery, I can operate 1E. Sadly I just don't have the room at my house to erect any of my "experimental antennas." :(

I'd say find another group on the locator site, but you will probably have more fun on your own at your own leisure.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
2AC from the lake cabin! K3, EFHW at 30’...KX3 to a V with top at 25’. It’s more about a day at the lake and having fun than making contacts!!! Kinda two great things.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
2AC? How are you doing that at a lake cabin? Did you mean to write 2A (Club with two stations operating from a site near your cabin)? Or 2C (mobile station operating 2 xmtrs)? Given your description it reads more as though you'd be a 1D or 1E... or perhaps a 1B.

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
Setting my portables up in the backyard for a dry-run before taking my show on the local roads and mountain tops.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Will be at the Aero Radio Club's field day this weekend at the Essex Skypark in Essex, MD. Will be operating 4A from W3PGA.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I'd say find another group on the locator site, but you will probably have more fun on your own at your own leisure.
I've discovered that the Porter County ARC are setting up for FD just north of La Porte, IN. It's about a 46 mile drive from my QTH so I'm going to drop by for a few hours at least. :cool:

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
2AC? How are you doing that at a lake cabin? Did you mean to write 2A (Club with two stations operating from a site near your cabin)? Or 2C (mobile station operating 2 xmtrs)? Given your description it reads more as though you'd be a 1D or 1E... or perhaps a 1B.
4.1. (Class A) Club / non-club portable: Club or a non-club group of three or more persons set up specifically for Field Day. Such stations must be located in places that are not regular station locations and must not use facilities installed for permanent station use, or use any structure installed permanently for Field Day.

****None of the above applies to our setup!***
Two transmitters, Class A, commercial power

Status
Not open for further replies.