Fife PD Trunking/Tacoma N & S Tac 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

foppas21

Anyone know if Fife has moved to Trunking? Are they sharing off of Tacoma. I work at R.S., and had a customer ask, as he has lost all of Fife. I have not heard anything.

Also is Tacoma gone encrypted on the TAC 1 and Tac 2 channels? Our 97's, and 2055's are not picking them up anymore. Is it possible thaey are now APCO 25?

Thanks for any help.

TENMMIKE

YES ON TACOMA, dont know about fife, it looks as if there is a ctcss (pl) of 167.9 for fife acording to my new nw freq directory but since im just back into scanning last week after several years im not sure how to enable this feature just yet on my just got pro 97( $50.00 at pawn shop!!) i dont think the new 96 is /will be much different if all encrypted soon, but still some clear tac freqs TPD although they have mostly moved to the 800mhz range from the old 460.000 of a few years ago,different call signs from what i remember as well ,county still seems mostly clear im just getting back into this after several years , not looking good for scanning TPD these days. im sure some one else who is more up on this will reply

Last edited:

foppas21

TENMIKE

I have the 95 and pick up TPD fine with the exception of TAC 2 both North and South. I have a pretty good selection of programmed frequencies for the 97, if you would like them. Just come into the Tac Mall RS and ask for the scanner guy, and I'll get you taken care of. I have a set that includes all of King County ValleyCom (Fed Way, Algona , Pacific...etc), Seattle, Kitsap Trunk, WASP WSDOT(though they dont talk much), Pierce County. I can clone it off of our store model for you.

alexx1400

Not sure about Fife as I never try to hear them. You could try letting the scanner search for a while and see. Tacoma Tac 1,2,3and 4 are digital and encrypted. The old talk groups for tac 1 and 2 are now what they refer to as tac 5 and 6. They use them for DOC, road compliance, and School patrol who do not yet have radios that can use the encrypted channels. Records is now digital also.

Status
Not open for further replies.