Fife PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm3

I have been attempting to monitor the Fife PD with limited "success" and some frustration. The VHF channel is not audible - if, in fact it is in actual use - from my location on the NW side of Indian Hill (Browns Pt.Dash Pt). The PSRS talkgroup shown in the database is active; however much of what I am hearing SEEMS to be related to events in Milton/Edgewood, Sumner and Bonney Lake. The display on my WS-1080 shows "patched" when receivng any transmissions on this talkgroup. Is there some way to better identify those transmissions that involve only the Fife PD? A related observation: the dispatch die of transmissions on this talkgroup have MUCH better audibility than do many of those for the Tacoma PD North and South dispatchers. Might this be related to the quality of equipment used by Tacoma PD dispatch center? The transmissions from the actual units in the field are, by and large, much more undertandable than those from the dispatchers.

freqseeker

I have monitored PSRS for a little over a month now. At first Fife PD tg 40293 only had Fife traffic. Sumner and Milton were on tg 40266. The last couple of days I have noticed Sumner and Fife on the Fife tg. I assume they patched the two groups to utilize one dispatcher as these smaller cities have less traffic.
You see this on the King County system. DesMoines and Tukwila are always patched together, as are Auburn and Algona/Pacific. It may be during slow times or during low staffing at the dispatch center. It could very well be a new permanent change. It's not bad when they are neighboring cities like Auburn and Algona, but Sumner and Fife are not close. Fife and Milton would be good.
On the King County system Normandy Park and Mercer Island share a dispatcher. They are far from close to each other.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
Fife PD, TG 40293, is dispatched on the PSRS System, and is always patched with Sumner PD/Milton PD TG40266, and Bonney Lake PD TG 40250, to utilize a single dispatcher. Call signs are "Fife XXX", where XXX is usually a number in the 100's

dpm3

Fife PD, TG 40293, is dispatched on the PSRS System, and is always patched with Sumner PD/Milton PD TG40266, and Bonney Lake PD TG 40250, to utilize a single dispatcher. Call signs are "Fife XXX", where XXX is usually a number in the 100's

dpm3

Thanks for that clarification - and thanks to those others who replied to my inquiry as well! Is the Fife talkgroup on South Sound 911 patched to Sumner/Milton/Bonney Lake as well? I am assuming that the VHF channel listed in the database is not active, correct? Not complaining but it might be helpful if the database were edited to clarify the "patch" issues and the VHF channel status. The insight and clarification provided via these Forum inquiries are much appreciated.

freqseeker

I hear them all the time and on the South Sound 911 TG 40191. They are there.
I logged SS 911 TG 40191 both Tacoma Simulcast and Orting Simulcast for 14 hours so far and received no hits. Did they switch from SS 911 to PSRS lately? Or is there a cross system patch at times? I will continue logging.

Another question for either system. Does anyone know what the PSOPS S3 and PSOPS S4 talkgroups are? I hear Guardian one switching to them when responding to Pierce County.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
I logged SS 911 TG 40191 both Tacoma Simulcast and Orting Simulcast for 14 hours so far and received no hits. Did they switch from SS 911 to PSRS lately? Or is there a cross system patch at times? I will continue logging.
[/QUOTE}

Another question for either system. Does anyone know what the PSOPS S3 and PSOPS S4 talkgroups are? I hear Guardian one switching to them when responding to Pierce County.

I've been monitoring PSRS for about 6 months and Fife PD has always been here, and always patched with TG40250 and TG40266. I occasionally monitor SS911 and have never heard Fife PD on that system, although I see that there is a "link" talk group listed in the RR database. If I had to guess I would say that it might be used for mutual aid for the agencies on SS911 to communicate directly with Fife PD.

The answer to your second question can be found on this page: Seattle-King County Public Safety (KCERS) Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

freqseeker

I've been monitoring PSRS for about 6 months and Fife PD has always been here, and always patched with TG40250 and TG40266. I occasionally monitor SS911 and have never heard Fife PD on that system, although I see that there is a "link" talk group listed in the RR database. If I had to guess I would say that it might be used for mutual aid for the agencies on SS911 to communicate directly with Fife PD.

The answer to your second question can be found on this page: Seattle-King County Public Safety (KCERS) Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies
I was just confirming no traffic on SS911. I have only heard them on PSRS. AD7TH stated he hears them all the time on SS911. Just wanted to make sure as I haven't monitored the Pierce county system for very long.

As for PSOPS S3, and PSOPS S4, they should be on one or both of the Pierce county systems. These talkgroups were on the old analog Tacoma system. They would patch one of those to whatever agency needed outside assistance. More than a decade ago Federal Way responded to assist Tacoma and were told to switch to PSOPS S3. Using the Trunker program I monitored the Tacoma system and found the Talkgroup. It was patched into one of Tacoma's tac talkgroups. This was when protests were blocking the Port of Tacoma military equipment shipments.
When Federal Way officers switched to PSOPS S3 their radios went on the Tacoma system. Likewise I would hear Tacoma officers come on the Federal Way talkgroup to meet up. This tells me they had neighboring county systems in their radios.

The King County system you linked to has PSOPS N1, PSOPS N2, PSOPS S1, and PSOPS S2. No PSOPS S3, or PSOPS S4. There are also PSOPS N3, and PSOPS N4 that I believe are on the Snohomish county system.

The next time I hear a reference to PSOPS S3, or PSOPS S4 I will monitor PSRS in search mode and hopefully catch it. It is a busy system so there will be a lot of traffic to sort thru.

To make things a little more confusing I also hear the PSOPS being referred to IO. I believe they are changing the names for the new upcoming King county P2 system.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
I was just confirming no traffic on SS911. I have only heard them on PSRS. AD7TH stated he hears them all the time on SS911. Just wanted to make sure as I haven't monitored the Pierce county system for very long.

As for PSOPS S3, and PSOPS S4, they should be on one or both of the Pierce county systems. These talkgroups were on the old analog Tacoma system. They would patch one of those to whatever agency needed outside assistance. More than a decade ago Federal Way responded to assist Tacoma and were told to switch to PSOPS S3. Using the Trunker program I monitored the Tacoma system and found the Talkgroup. It was patched into one of Tacoma's tac talkgroups. This was when protests were blocking the Port of Tacoma military equipment shipments.
When Federal Way officers switched to PSOPS S3 their radios went on the Tacoma system. Likewise I would hear Tacoma officers come on the Federal Way talkgroup to meet up. This tells me they had neighboring county systems in their radios.

The King County system you linked to has PSOPS N1, PSOPS N2, PSOPS S1, and PSOPS S2. No PSOPS S3, or PSOPS S4. There are also PSOPS N3, and PSOPS N4 that I believe are on the Snohomish county system.

The next time I hear a reference to PSOPS S3, or PSOPS S4 I will monitor PSRS in search mode and hopefully catch it. It is a busy system so there will be a lot of traffic to sort thru.

To make things a little more confusing I also hear the PSOPS being referred to IO. I believe they are changing the names for the new upcoming King county P2 system.

Maybe try the two talkgroups listed at the bottom of this chart..........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 1.07.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 1.07.49 PM.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.