• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Figuring out an LTR system

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
I just moved to Texas and there is an LTR system here. I haven't found it in the data base, so I'm getting my data from just scanning the 800 MHz band. So for I have 9 channels. Is there a "trunker-like" program that will help identify the system?

I caught the tale end of the CW ID, but didn't get the frequency in time, so it's still hit and miss.

Is the easiest way just to get a positive ID from the CW IDer and look up all of the frequencies? What about LCN? Is that another trial and error thing?

Thanks!

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
That's it!

Now just to find out the order. Any pointers? This is my first experience with LTR. All of the talk groups are analog, but there appears to be 1 or 2 that are using speech inversion.

Thank you.

W0JJK

I use my Pro97 that tells what freq is what LCN when the channel is in use or when it id every ten seconds if that is enabled. I just sit on the freq until it talks and then move to the next. Then I go and put them in order and I am done.

Good Luck.

W0JJK

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Nice.

I put all of the freqs in a Pro-92 and it's receiving and displaying talk groups, but I can't figure out how to stay parked on a particular TG.

I'm gonna put the freqs into a 396 and see what happens.

DaveH

rescue161 said:
Nice.

I put all of the freqs in a Pro-92 and it's receiving and displaying talk groups, but I can't figure out how to stay parked on a particular TG.

You have to push TRUNK for 2 seconds while the TG you want to hold
on is active...a bit of a pain. The only other way is to enter the TGs into
the bank and scan in CLOSED mode. You could program just the TG you
want, or a number but with all the others locked out. Again, a pain, but
will work.

Dave

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Thank you! That will help out. I'm getting a little closer with 7 confirmed. As mentioned in the Wiki, it's getting a little more difficult the closer I get to getting the right LCN.

W0JJK

The extra channels have been harder to figure out for me too. I listen when the systems are not busy because of work(something has to pay for the hobby). If you see a pattern for the LCN's that you have, you might try a couple configurations what you think the other channels order is from that data. See what works and what doesn't.

For example we found 6 of the 10 LCN's for a local system and there was a pattern. I continued the pattern and it worked. I am not going to say that all radio shops or counties follow a pattern but for their sanity you think they would.

W0JJK

Status
Not open for further replies.