File Size Too Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Is this a firmware error?

Loaded So Cal using Sentinal & the SDS will not scan.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
This is image

Attachments

• IMG_20190420_182106004.jpg
    IMG_20190420_182106004.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 58

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is this a firmware error?

Loaded So Cal using Sentinal & the SDS will not scan.
Your file size is too large. The limit for a Favorites list is that it cannot be more than 1mb (one megabyte).

Open your profile in Sentinel by either clicking the Edit Profile icon on the second row along the top of the screen (it looks like a pencil on top of a piece of paper); or, select Edit Profile from the drop down Edit menu.

Look at the Favorites list Scan Selection tab. There, you can see the size of your lists. You have at least one that is larger than 1mb. Split that into two or more lists, so that none are greater than 1mb.
1555811537141.png

If you loaded, as you say, "all of So Cal", you probably have a lot of systems that are not in range for you Set up one favorites list for what you can hear in your immediate, local, area. Move the rest to one or more other lists, such as by quadrants (to your north, east, west, and south) or by sectors, like, perhaps, CHP districts.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
If you have a bunch of custom Radio unit IDs in a trunked system, that'll push an FL over 1 Mb, too. I have two systems that have so many RIDs, they're >> 1Mb, so I have to be picky about what RIDs I put in the x36's.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
Your file size is too large. The limit for a Favorites list is that it cannot be more than 1mb (one megabyte).

Open your profile in Sentinel by either clicking the Edit Profile icon on the second row along the top of the screen (it looks like a pencil on top of a piece of paper); or, select Edit Profile from the drop down Edit menu.

Look at the Favorites list Scan Selection tab. There, you can see the size of your lists. You have at least one that is larger than 1mb. Split that into two or more lists, so that none are greater than 1mb.
View attachment 70570

If you loaded, as you say, "all of So Cal", you probably have a lot of systems that are not in range for you Set up one favorites list for what you can hear in your immediate, local, area. Move the rest to one or more other lists, such as by quadrants (to your north, east, west, and south) or by sectors, like, perhaps, CHP districts.

Suprised find out there IS a size limit per fav list. Defeats whole SD Card purpose.. I use 32gb card while each fav list has max size of 1mb.

I Only loaded So Cal counties & systems along with conventional. Loading 2 fav lists very easy flip through everything.

For a smaller state I add all conventional into 1 system separated by number system. Air & amatuer each own systems. Systems in # order & sites organized by # also. Very easy find everything & turn on & off sites & systems.

Happy Easter!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Suprised find out there IS a size limit per fav list. Defeats whole SD Card purpose.. I use 32gb card while each fav list has max size of 1mb.

Happy Easter!

This fact has been discussed here since the x36HP models were released.
Larger cards are still okay though for storing audio files and even odd copies of your profiles and favorites as well as copies of each firmware ever released.
I have a ton of stuff on my cards and they still barely use 1 GB of space.

Happy Easter!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
My entire Statewide Safe T system is only 224KB and that is the whole State of Indiana. Illinois Entire State a bit larger at 229KB

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
It has nothing to do with the sd card size. It's the amount of memory in the scanner, when you load each favorite list from the sd card into memory...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber

View attachment 70570

California is @ 1,945kb

Wait for Butel be updated so easily move stuff around. Thx!

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
The main trunked system here in Houston [there are hundreds of others trunked systems here] alone has ~80,000 [yep] subscriber radios on around 3,000 talkgroups and many hundreds of repeaters. I have the RIDs tagged by department (individual radios change hands so fast that anything more detailed [like "Engine 1"] is immediately outdated), but with the RID right-aligned for the x36 display. Just the 11,800 RIDs closest to me make the FL exactly 1,000 KB. I don't know what the whole system would require. Maybe 6 Mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.