fillters for aor7030+ sw

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefox2163

hi can anyonr help me I need to know which filters I should buy to help my reception on the aor 7030+ reciever,like which one will help for general broadcast bands,which one for ssb/usb? and which one for am dxing,these are what they have available for it mf-300 collins 300 hz,colloins 500 hz ,collins 2500,collins 4000.collins 6000 hz thankyou for your assistance

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A good general rule is that the narrower the filter, the more the fidelity of the signal will tend to degrade. So if you are using the 7030 for SWBC and utility work, and I think there are 3 positions available for selectivity options, I would choose the 6, 4 and 2.5 khz filters. The 300hz and 500hz ones are great for CW and narrow shifted RTTY modes like PSK31, but you will find them almost useless for voice work.

<sigh> Wish I had that kind of money....73 Mike

[edit] I looked this up - there is a 4th position, but I believe it's reserved for NFM - the kind of transmissions you will hear on 10 meter FM and some 26 mhz broadcast feeders - which are rare to be hear anyway, poor propagation notwithstanding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.