Film Frequency for "Public Enemy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A major film is being shot in Chicago. "Public Enemy" starring Johnny Depp and other big Hollywood names has been filmed all over the city, and last night I was near a film scene that used a Chicago River bridge just off of Wacker Drive and Lake St.

I had my two Yaesu radios with me, and was able to capture the following info:

462.440Mhz with a PL Tone of 254.1Hz

CPD is being used to block traffic during the shoots and is using a squad with a beat tag of "Film7" that is positioned on Zone 4 as always, but is also using the above listed freq so as not to clog up the zone with movie traffic. Radios are Motorola CP 300 rented from "Comedy______" (couldn't read the rest because the rental stickers were half trashed.)

CPD "Film7" is called over the listed freq and told when to block traffic, and when to let traffic flow. Other than this, you will hear the director calling the shots, positions for everyone, instructing the plainclothes security who are guarding the bridges and the street corners so as not to let any unwanted people / cars in to the scenes as the shoot takes place, etc.

Great action heard here that I will not repeat. They are using a repeater at about 25 watts maximum. You can hear the squelch tale that is common with a small repeater such as that. I wasn't able to get the input freq though. I was able to copy traffic at half scale up to Navy Pier front gates from the scene of the movie shoot.

cristisphoto

The Film is called Public Enemies
And the Plot reads:
The Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.
Sounds pretty neat

Actor Johnny Depp's new mobster movie became the scene of a real crime following the arrest of a juvenile who is accused of shooting a gun near the set.
The 45-year-old star was filming the crime flick Public Enemies in Chicago, Illinois when he narrowly evaded the incident, which occurred just 30 minutes before the actor was scheduled to arrive.
According to police, the shooting occurred at approximately 12:30 am on Friday near the set on the city's South Side.
No one was injured in the incident.
Now regarding radio frequencies your best bet is the the Busineess band and GMRS/FRS
And If have Close call or Signal Stalker use them....
Good Luck
Crista

Remember with filming they ALWAYS change their radios. they have no use for them when the filming is over complete Etc LOL

Astro25

I'll bet the repeater input was a standard +5 offset, 467.440 - however it may not be the same tone (too much dense RF in Chicago as it is)

Well, you shouldn't have heard him on CFMC, he's banned from using that repeater. I believe SARA as well but I may be mistaken.

He trolls Fishfar unfortunately now, and money says he'll be booted from there VERY shortly.

But anyways, that movie did a Steam train run from MN to IL, utilizing 160.770 on the CP sub, north of Chicago.

Last edited:

ecps92

How about 462.4375??

4400 would not be a valid frequency.

A major film is being shot in Chicago. "Public Enemy" starring Johnny Depp and other big Hollywood names has been filmed all over the city, and last night I was near a film scene that used a Chicago River bridge just off of Wacker Drive and Lake St.

I had my two Yaesu radios with me, and was able to capture the following info:

462.440Mhz with a PL Tone of 254.1Hz

CPD is being used to block traffic during the shoots and is using a squad with a beat tag of "Film7" that is positioned on Zone 4 as always, but is also using the above listed freq so as not to clog up the zone with movie traffic. Radios are Motorola CP 300 rented from "Comedy______" (couldn't read the rest because the rental stickers were half trashed.)

CPD "Film7" is called over the listed freq and told when to block traffic, and when to let traffic flow. Other than this, you will hear the director calling the shots, positions for everyone, instructing the plainclothes security who are guarding the bridges and the street corners so as not to let any unwanted people / cars in to the scenes as the shoot takes place, etc.

Great action heard here that I will not repeat. They are using a repeater at about 25 watts maximum. You can hear the squelch tale that is common with a small repeater such as that. I wasn't able to get the input freq though. I was able to copy traffic at half scale up to Navy Pier front gates from the scene of the movie shoot.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'll bet the repeater input was a standard +5 offset, 467.440 - however it may not be the same tone (too much dense RF in Chicago as it is)

Well, you shouldn't have heard him on CFMC, he's banned from using that repeater. I believe SARA as well but I may be mistaken.

He trolls Fishfar unfortunately now, and money says he'll be booted from there VERY shortly.

But anyways, that movie did a Steam train run from MN to IL, utilizing 160.770 on the CP sub, north of Chicago.

I would like to remind you that saying things that aren't true about someone is called lible and slander. I have NOT been banned from any frequency or any repeater anywhere. If such were true, I would have been notified. I have not been notified of anything by anyone. I have zero idea where you are getting your information from, but I have not had any conflict with anyone at Fishfar, nor have I been notified of any accusations of wrongdoing at FishFr or anywhere else, so the presumption that I will be banned from FishFar is a falsehood and you should know better than to broadcast out falsehoods, but then again, rumors are your specialty.

I happen to know for sure that "Astro25" is the jammer who has been interfering with most of the Chicago / Suburban repeaters. His greatest hits have been at CFMC, NSRC, FRRL, and Fishfar. There is beyond sufficient documentation, audio recordings, and more than enough witnesses for the FCC to take very aggressive action against him for what he has done so far, which includes interfering with Storm Spotters reporting their information at FishFar. His name is not George by the way, it's an alias.

He has no license because it was revoked several years ago as I understand the facts. I don't know where the Carma reference comes from because I have never had anything to do with them. And Astro25, I'm aware that you have been using my prior and current callsign all over the place. I advise you to stop. Like anyone else, I have the same right to operate and be a part of the amateur community without being interfered with, without having people like you broadcast out falsehoods on the air or on an internet forum. If you have a problem with my station operation and have proof that I have violated part 97, please file a complaint with the FCC like anyone else would do. As you know, they will not accept unsubstantiated hear say. Trolling at FishFar? If throwing out one's callsign for a QSO is considered "trolling", then beat me over the head with part 97, please! If checking into a net here and there and being active in the amateur community is unacceptable, please show me evidence of a rule that says so.

For your info, I have been a part of RR lurking around for quite some time and happen to like it here.

Last edited:

Astro25

Bah.

Anyone else looking for information on the confusion of the matter can freely send me a PM for more details, I'd rather not turn the informative thread into a flame war.

Astro25

Status
Not open for further replies.