TRX-1: Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Who's using a band pass filter on their Whistler?
Does it work better ( or, at all) in helping with reception ?
For an 800 MHz targeted band, which filter should I get to stave off interference from the rest of the spectrum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, good question. I was hoping to use it while mobile, so, location varies. At home, I have great reception. Mobile, is another story. Since I monitor mostly the 800 band, was thinking there had to be some band close to it causing trouble to he scanner's sensitivity.

SCPD

QRT
I tried an 800 MHz bandpass filter .. it made no difference. I had to pull my WS-1095 from my vehicle as it was unusable there. I too was interested in only 800 MHz.

It is currently being put to DMR duty at home .. where it is sheltered from the harsh RF environment when mobile.

But my solution .. I am moving in about 2 months so that my scanners will work better. Sadly the mobile use of a scanner is a no go as they just are not going to be able to cut it out there. I have been forced to use only a commercial radio when in my vehicle.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Arrgh! Bad news. In my case, it's not a total wash out. There are some spots I can get usable audio. Then, there are others where it all goes to crap. Looks like I'd have to use my commercial stuff as well...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.