Finally Able to TrunkTrack Detroit System With PRO-96 Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Detroit is special - due to the large number of users, most (if not all) of their talkgroups are kept local. For something like a county, usually the primary channels are statewide (i.e. dispatch.) Local talkgroups (firegrounds / proprietary / etc.) are not.

babyreb

fnnm400 said:
WOW, did the upgrades tonight on my PRO-96 & the 2 - 2096's.... I can't believe how well I pick up detroit out in here in Warren.... Fantastic upgrade... Now if UNIDEN can fine tune, we will really be in good shape..
well i must have done something wrong i up dated and detroit is no better than before from 18 and vandyke any thoughts on what i might don wrong on down load ?????????? and i work at 9 and groesbeck at rizzo services and detroit come in like there on my pro 96 with radio shack 800 meg antenna radio says cpu f1.2 and dsp-app 1.3 iam stumped babyreb aka guy martin sterling hgts any help out there

babyreb

babyreb said:
well i must have done something wrong i up dated and detroit is no better than before from 18 and vandyke any thoughts on what i might don wrong on down load ?????????? and i work at 9 and groesbeck at rizzo services and detroit come in like crap there on my pro 96 with radio shack 800 meg antenna radio says cpu f1.2 and dsp-app 1.3 iam stumped babyreb aka guy martin sterling hgts any help out there
?????????????????????????????????????

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Looks like you have keyboard issues too..................................

Not sure what you want us to say.

MetalManMI

babyreb said:
well i must have done something wrong i up dated and detroit is no better than before from 18 and vandyke any thoughts on what i might don wrong on down load ?????????? and i work at 9 and groesbeck at rizzo services and detroit come in like there on my pro 96 with radio shack 800 meg antenna radio says cpu f1.2 and dsp-app 1.3 iam stumped babyreb aka guy martin sterling hgts any help out there

My input on the matter, from another thread:

Even with the DSP firmware v1.3 upgrade, the reception is far from perfect where Detroit's system is concerned. It is improved...but far from perfect.

What I have found so far is, if I am moving in a vehicle (inside or near the city limits) with the 800mhz rub-duck, the Pro-96 still easily looses the signal. Utilizing an outside antenna on the vehicle doesn't seem to help much. However, if I am stationary, the reception seems quite solid (nearly perfect). Again, this is an improvement from the previous DSP firmware versions. Monroe county is rock solid now (as perfect as it gets), even when 10+ miles outside of the county line, moving or stationary (receiving from the Flatrock tower).

From your distance...I woudn't expect stellar performance yet...I can't even get that inside the city or just outside the city yet with a consumer scanner...

kirkman123

Premium Subscriber
I see two downloads listed for the DSP upgrade:

2006-08-17 PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners Radio Scanner Download
2006-08-17 PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners Radio Scanner Download

They are not the same. What's the difference between them?

Kirk
Ishpeming

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
You always could hear Detroit, but if you weren't very close to a tower it was choppy. This improves reception...

Where are these towers? I live in Farmington and hear it sometimes, but very choppy. Is there any way i can improve the reception. I am already using a 3 foot mounted antennae, but that only boosted the control channel from 0% to about 30-50%. Not much being heard though.

Jimmy252

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded the 1.3 today, and im impressed. The signal is far from perfect, but it beats what i had before. i can actually listen to a whole conversation here from farmington. I'd reccomend it to anyone who has a Pro-96 in the detroit area.

kc8zdf

i did the upgrade to my pro-96 and now i had to go back to the original becasue it goes digital with open squlech more then it ever did before. Now i miss more action then i did before. but i dont listen to detroit to far away. thought i would let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.