Finally Able to TrunkTrack Detroit System With PRO-96 Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
You always could hear Detroit, but if you weren't very close to a tower it was choppy. This improves reception...

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Got the upgrade done, Cant wait to get back down toward detroit and listen.....as for Monroe, I have never really had a problem with them, but the upgrade did its job!

bigbluemsp

I like this upgrade....

I can pick up a lot more places clearer... I also just put Wayne State University Police on the MPSCS system.......

Not to mention I am getting MSP District 2 South/West 25/26/28 Posts better then ever from Port Huron

WSUPD 08350

Last edited:

tutakt

Thanks for the info, I will do an upgrade in the morning.

It may be coincidence but while at Macomb CC south campus today I was receiveing Detroit loud and clear.

bigbluemsp

If there was a DPD unit or someone with a DPD prep in the area that was on a Tg then you will get them...

I found that out from my MSP source..... If you hear a unit in a area of the state you never do then most likely there is a prep or a Mobile on that TG in the immediate area.....

rdale

Premium Subscriber
You didn't need a "source" for that - it's simply how the system (and all similar systems) work.

I think he's referring to the Detroit towers being heard.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
upgrade

WOW, did the upgrades tonight on my PRO-96 & the 2 - 2096's.... I can't believe how well I pick up detroit out in here in Warren.... Fantastic upgrade... Now if UNIDEN can fine tune, we will really be in good shape..

FNNM376

Unbelievable.... W O W , What a difference that made picking up Detroit alot better, and I was picking them up good before......

m297

bigbluemsp said:
If there was a DPD unit or someone with a DPD prep in the area that was on a Tg then you will get them...

I found that out from my MSP source..... If you hear a unit in a area of the state you never do then most likely there is a prep or a Mobile on that TG in the immediate area.....

Not true. DPD talk groups are not allowed on any other tower other than there own (701).

bigbluemsp

m297 said:
Not true. DPD talk groups are not allowed on any other tower other than there own (701).

Thats not what one of the MSP and DPD Admin said at the car show I was at Friday when I spoke to them. They said the exact opposite

m297

bigbluemsp said:
Thats not what one of the MSP and DPD Admin said at the car show I was at Friday when I spoke to them. They said the exact opposite

Well I am a user and I have both talk groups MSP and DPD and the DPD id's are denied on any other tower other than 701. When I switch to the state talk groups the affiliation is allowed.

Who's the DPD admin. that you are talking to, because it sounds like they dont even know how the system is set up. It should be that way at least for the Police talk groups but it isnt. The reason is because the Detroit Id's will over load the towers because there arent as many freq assigned to the other towers.

When Detroit came online with this system they just about doubled the users on the entire system (statewide)

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Never trust what you hear from 99% of all MPSCS users.

All users can switch to a STATWD outside of their area and access, but many local talkgroups are strictly kept local.

m297

rdale said:
Never trust what you hear from 99% of all MPSCS users.

All users can switch to a STATWD outside of their area and access, but many local talkgroups are strictly kept local.

Statewide groups are true. That wasnt the discussion.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Agreed - if anything that's probably what the people he talked to were referring...

bigbluemsp

m297 said:
Well I am a user and I have both talk groups MSP and DPD and the DPD id's are denied on any other tower other than 701. When I switch to the state talk groups the affiliation is allowed.

Who's the DPD admin. that you are talking to, because it sounds like they dont even know how the system is set up. It should be that way at least for the Police talk groups but it isnt. The reason is because the Detroit Id's will over load the towers because there arent as many freq assigned to the other towers.

When Detroit came online with this system they just about doubled the users on the entire system (statewide)

Check your PM.

gg750

rdale said:
many local talkgroups are strictly kept local.

I often pick up out of area TGs in Traverse City. Marquette Co. (a good 5 hour drive from TC) often pops up, as well as other UP counties. A few southern county TGs have also briefly popped up from time to time. I too have been told that if an out of area unit was in my area with a moble/prep that I would hear their traffic while they were nearby. However, I also understand that TGs can affiliate with just one tower, or be county wide, district wide, or statewide. I doubt that Marquette Co. (for example) TGs are statewide, and they are certainly in a different district.

I'm no expert, just thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.