Finally took the jump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth21w

I decided that i wanted a high end base scanner to add to my collection, i have a lot of dmr single channel and one cap + system. Some p25 highway patrol channels, and a couple p25 trunking. I first bought the trx2 because of it having the dmr free of charge. It arrived and i got it all updated and programmed, and hit play... First thing i noticed was the p25 sounded robotic so i tried tuning the p25 which can not be put in manual decode! I got frustrated at that and the software is from the 90s. So i sent it packing and spent an extra 30 dollars and got the bcd536hp it is arriving today and will be getting the dmr upgrade right away. I know how the uniden menus and programming favorites work and feel comfortable with it. When i get the dmr upgrade key how long will it take before i can listen? Or should it be instant?

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
You can listen to DMR as soon as the upgrade key is entered. I have 3 536's and you will love your new scanner.

QRFactual

LEO Member
Congratulations on your purchase, I've had my 536 for a while and just ordered a second one. I love mine. I must say that I am a fan of the Uniden scanner line.

mciupa

seth21w, the DMR sounds great and one thing I have tended to do is to change the Hold Time, either off the key pad menu or the Sentinel software from the Zero default up to Five seconds.

I hate when it scoots off to another system without getting a chance to find any activity, increasing Hold seems to solve that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.