Finally, WiNRADiO on a PCI Card, soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

WiNRADiO announced they will soon be selling the worlds first software-defined VHF/UHF scanner on a PCI bus card!

WiNRADiO G305i
9kHz to 1800MHz
Industry Standard PCI card
Software defined, modular design
Excellent sensitivity and dynamic range
Real-time spectrum scope
Optional down-converter to 3300MHz
Optional professional demodulator
Digital mode ready

[Source: Ad in Monitoring Times Magazine, June 2006]

MacombMonitor

brucewarming said:
Cost? Sound great!

Don't know the cost. I saw it in a full-page WiNRADiO advertisement in Monitoring Times Magazine, June 2006, just inside the front cover. It said, "Coming Soon!" I went to the WiNRAiO web site and there was no mention of it. If I had to guess, it will probably be around $500.00.

MacombMonitor

poltergeisty said:
'Digital mode ready' Meaning P25 or?

Not sure at this time, as there is no other published info I can find, even on their web site...just the ad I saw in Monitoring Times Magazine. If I had to guess, it will not be P25. They have what they call a "Digital Suite" of software that covers things like Packet, Fax, etc.

JohnBreen

Well, I have a WR-1000. Then computers changed (after the 486 era) and the new computers would not accomodate an (big) ISA card anymore. Like everybody else who was using the first or second generation WR, I was out of business for 4 years until I could find the parts to cobble together a computer with the ISA slots and a pentium 4. So what will happen to the folks who buy this new updated WR and find in a few years that it will not go into the next generation of computers.

No thanks, I will continued to but the EXTERNAL wR products.

Status
Not open for further replies.