Find what frequency someone is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bw1332

Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I was trying to figure out what frequency the local pizza parlor uses to talk to the delivery driver. I wanted to know if there was a way to figure out what frequency they use to communicate with each other. I have done a lot of research and haven't found anything yet. Thank you!

drsn0w

Hello,
I was trying to figure out what frequency the local pizza parlor uses to talk to the delivery driver. I wanted to know if there was a way to figure out what frequency they use to communicate with each other. I have done a lot of research and haven't found anything yet. Thank you!
Are you sure it's a radio system? I'd imagine nowadays all that stuff would just be cellphone calls

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bailly2

can go to fcc dot gov, click licenses and databases, then genmen, then licenses or site market frequency

or get very close to them with your scanner in close call or spectrum sweeper mode

Bw1332

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's a radio system? I'd imagine nowadays all that stuff would just be cellphone calls

positive its a radio system. they have a radio behind the counter they talk on

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It would be rare for a pizza place to have their own radio system. Usually they rent service form a local radio shop.

You'd probably start by looking at what local radio shops have systems that cover your area (Arnold?). Then use the FCC search tool mentioned above to find their system. You'll need to listen in on their system to figure the rest out. Depending on the radio shop, it could be as simple as a single channel repeater with multiple PL/DPL tones, one for each customer. Could be as elaborate as a trunked radio system.

Then again, could be as simple as a simplex channel for very local coverage.

Bw1332

Premium Subscriber
It would be rare for a pizza place to have their own radio system. Usually they rent service form a local radio shop.

You'd probably start by looking at what local radio shops have systems that cover your area (Arnold?). Then use the FCC search tool mentioned above to find their system. You'll need to listen in on their system to figure the rest out. Depending on the radio shop, it could be as simple as a single channel repeater with multiple PL/DPL tones, one for each customer. Could be as elaborate as a trunked radio system.

Then again, could be as simple as a simplex channel for very local coverage.

we dont have any local radio shops up here. they are a franchised business and own 3 other pizza parlors

Bw1332

Premium Subscriber
can go to fcc dot gov, click licenses and databases, then genmen, then licenses or site market frequency

or get very close to them with your scanner in close call or spectrum sweeper mode

Will definitely try this. my uniden scanner has the close call feature. never even heard of it until you said this. do you know if it will still work if they are using PL?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
we dont have any local radio shops up here. they are a franchised business and own 3 other pizza parlors

Maybe not in Arnold directly, but in the central valley, Stockton, Sacramento, etc.

Here's a few that have coverage up your way:
Motorola Two-way Radio Airtime Solutions Delta Wireless Northern California
http://www.raysradio.com/images/elizml.gif
Ten-Four Communications | Communication Solutions for nearly every type of customer!
FleetNet Radio Coverage Map, Wireless Communications by Silke

A repeater system is very expensive, especially for a couple of pizza shops.
I'll almost guarantee you, they are either renting airtime or are using simplex.

Rred

Try some social engineering. Go to the pizza shop, wait for them to use the radio. Then walk up and say "My friend in Paducca has a florist shop, he was *****ing about how he needs a radio to check on the delivery can but they're so expensive. What do you guys use?"

Odds are you'll get an answer. Unless they're like the Chinese restaurant that was busted hard about 15 years ago, because they were using a totally illegal high power radiotelephone that was apparently for use on sheep farms overseas, or something equally not FCC condoned.(G)

drsn0w

Try some social engineering. Go to the pizza shop, wait for them to use the radio. Then walk up and say "My friend in Paducca has a florist shop, he was *****ing about how he needs a radio to check on the delivery can but they're so expensive. What do you guys use?"

Odds are you'll get an answer. Unless they're like the Chinese restaurant that was busted hard about 15 years ago, because they were using a totally illegal high power radiotelephone that was apparently for use on sheep farms overseas, or something equally not FCC condoned.(G)
I like this

Status
Not open for further replies.